Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ordering Pizza 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mad Professor

Now at present I would not describe myself as a technophobe,
but this , well this prediction for the future is just a little tooo scary.

**broken link removed**

Wow, that was pretty cool. The scary part, is that it could actually be happening in some markets. New car, bank loans, credit cards, insurance... I've got a hunch there is way too much information availiable. You can access the local court house, type in a name, get back court dates, trafic tickets, property they own, addresses lots of stuff. Your credit report contains lots of stuff you would think was anybodies business (second notice on your power or phone bill).
I don't think it too paranoid to believe there search engines and databases, that aren't availiable to the average Joe Surfer. Wonder if our ISP record ever website we visit. The small town I live in, is installing city wide wireless internet, and offering free access. At first, I could see how the police would benefit, maybe a few other services. But they dumped millions into this, and got to figure there is some sort of catch.

Server logs can tell you pretty much anything you want to know, it's all a matter of datamining, and theres oodles of software to do it.

For the rest, ask anyone who has ever worked at a collection agency... its amazing/frightening what you can find out about anyone, all in a few keystrokes on the web and a couple of phone calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back