Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Orcad question - Importing symbol for new part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hey,

I created a new part in my Orcad library (OLB file), it is supposed to be a BJT.
Do i have to draw by myself the symbol of the BJT, and attach pins to it, or is it possible to import the symbol from an existing library?
I dont know how to do it, and would be glad to receive some help.

Thank you very much.

hi
is it for pspice simulation or just for draw circuit in capture (or for layout)

Hey,

I created a new part in my Orcad library (OLB file), it is supposed to be a BJT.
Do i have to draw by myself the symbol of the BJT, and attach pins to it, or is it possible to import the symbol from an existing library?
I dont know how to do it, and would be glad to receive some help.

Thank you very much.

I have never used Orcad but have used Mentor and Viewlogic and it is common that you call up an existing BJT with the same schema symbol and just change the pin numbers cad layout or whatever and save as a new part.

In a larger company schematic and cad symbols are done by a specific cad group. As a designer we would have to fill out a form and request a new symbol creation. This was a pain but it was the best way to maintain a flawless component library.

Last edited:
if u already make the pcb foot print then it's easy
1.use existing bjt model (but pins should compatible with your foot print for example pin1 base, pin2 collectro and pin 3 emmitter)
2. change the foot print property(field in property window) of such bjt - give parth to your foot print

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back