Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

optotriac pin 4 and 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

im using a moc3023 to bring to high certain pin in my PIC, it should trigger an interrupt. my question is because im not sure i need to know others opinion first before i actually tried it in my protoboard, if it's possible to supply postive through pin 4 and 6 of the optotriac? and where is this info seen in its datasheet?

data sheet of moc3023

thanks in advance.

Pins 4 & 6 connect to the AC side of the circuit, not the PIC side. You would use the MOC3023 to control AC with the PIC, not to provide an input to the PIC from AC.

Last edited:
Pins 4 & 6 connect to the AC side of the circuit, not the PIC side. You would use the MOC3023 to control AC with the PIC, not to provide an input to the PIC from AC.

kchriste how about darlington optocoupler?

my project is dc

Last edited:
Yes, you could use that. It probably could just be a regular transistor output, depending on the application. You would need an additional diode across the LED to prevent reverse break down of the LED when the AC waveform goes "negative". This will give a pulsating signal (At the line frequency) to the PIC. What are you trying to detect on the AC line?

its really not ac line but from a NO pulse from a coin mech and i want my pic to detect the signal coming from the coin mech. maybe ill try other optocouplers one without triac. do you have any suggestion kchriste what to use?

It really depends on the current you have available for the LED and how much current you want the transistor to switch. Speed also enters into it, but a coin slot is pretty slow so any opto should be OK speed wise. Look at the 4N35 or equiv.
You may not even need an opto if the PIC can share the common/ground with the coin-op equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back