Opto-Triac Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm looking for an opto-triac chip that be could connected to a pin of a PIC18F452 microcontroller in order to turn on/off a typical bedroom lamp. A model number or link for the datsheet would be much appreciated. I saw how it operates from:

**broken link removed**

But at the input stage-The pin coming out of the PIC18F452 would be connected to pin 1 of the opto-triac but what would pin 2 be connected to?...Ground?

Regards.

hi,
Pin 1 of the opto would be connected to the PIC output pin via a 330R resistor and pin 2 connected to 0V, the same 0V as the PIC supply.

If you are running the PIC at +3.3V instead of +5V, then the 330R should be a lower value.

Opto-Triac

Thanks. The 330R would be good because i am using a 5V supply for the PIC. Do you know of a model number for an opto-tiac that i could purchase to use in such a manner?.

Thanks. The 330R would be good because i am using a 5V supply for the PIC. Do you know of a model number for an opto-tiac that i could purchase to use in such a manner?.

hi,
Look at this pdf.

Attachments

• OptoTriac1.pdf
    239.8 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…