Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry duffy. you must not be following the Grid Tie Inverter theads. I posted MMP earlier on there too. Mathematical Monkey Poo.

I get a kick out of the Hydrogen gas guys myself. I do actualy work with real hydrogen fuel engine experiments. My hydrogen comes from a big red tank that I get at the local welding supply dealer, and anyone can get one too!

My local Power company is running full hydrogen fuel pickups. Big vapor tanks take up the entire box, the engines themselves are not mechanicaly modified for hydrogen so the power output and efficiency is laughably poor!

I am hoping to get the Okay from the local experiment station to fill my own tanks off their electroysis machine this summer. Thats were the power company gets theirs too.
Thats right, us middle of nowhere North Dakotans have a real hydrogen station! And its about 10 miles away from my house too.

There is alot more behind making a Gasoline based fuel engine design run on Hydrogen. A vapor mixing carb or vapor fuel management systems are needed, raise the compression (to near diesel levels), change the pistons, connecting rods, and crankshaft assy and possibly head design to handle that high compression, change valve timing and possibly valve and seat material, change the ignition timing curve and yes hydrogen is a great and powerful fuel. True potential, but still to early in the game to be practical for every one.

Sorry there is no stock alternator and magic PVC electrolysis cell stuffed under the hood! Only real thermal dynamics and physics based equipment! And some real world know how with alot more money involved than I care to admit too!

I am hoping to get the Okay from the local experiment station to fill my own tanks off their electroysis machine this summer. Thats were the power company gets theirs too.

What kind of machines? How many amps? Sounds pretty slick.

It is slick, the machine is 50 kw I think.
I cant find the links to the hydrogen system on the University of North Dakota website for some reason.
I am looking for my paper work on it right now.

They take the hydrogen and compress it into storage tanks up around 5000 psi. When I find the paper work I will post the exact numbers. Its run from power produced by the two big wind gensets south on Minot.
The hydrogen station is located on the UND research center gounds just south of Minot.
They have been doing research on hydrogen boosting tractors and farm machinery too. I was told by one person that works with it they were metering hydrogen vapor into a diesel tractor with good (Scientificaly measurable!) power and perfomance increases.
But the hydrogen duel fuel conversion of gasoline driven engines was a big expensive turd as I was told!
The engine mods to make hydrogen work well rule out any further gasoline use. There is no mid point that works well. You can have one or the other but not both on the same spark ignited engine. The research I have been doing points to the same conclusion! Special engine redesigns for hydrogen gas are needed to make it feasably efficient.

Unless someone has one of those magic alternator and homemade fuel cell thingies they will bring me so as to prove me wrong! Then I will follow you like a god and preach your every word if your right and it does work on my vehical! Oh and I will pay you $10000 cash when the proof is presented to me working, not in "oops it just broke, but it really worked well yesterday when no one was looking" fasion!

When I find the hydrogen station info I will post it!
If I cant find it I will get a new copy and post it some time this week.

Old battery's were not really rechargeable.

hi kv,

Ref the inventor of the battery.
Inventor: Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
**broken link removed**

Ok, agreed. But, he still got the idea from someone else.

The first evidence of batteries comes from archaeological digs inBaghdad, Iraq. This first “battery” was dated to around 250 B.C. and was used in simple operations to electroplate objects with a thin layer of metal, much like the process used now to plate inexpensive gold and silver jewelry. One of the first uses for batteries.Batteries were re-discovered much later by a man named (AlessandroVolta) after which the unit of electrical potential was named, thevolt. The jar was found in Khujut Rabu just outside Baghdad and iscomposed of a clay jar with a stopper made of asphalt. Stickingthrough the asphalt is an iron rod surrounded by a copper cylinder.When filled with vinegar - or any other electrolytic solution - the jar produces about 1.1 volts.

kv :D

Last edited:
might be a coincidence, but it certainly happened in my case..

No, you are the guy trying to rip off another company's solar tracker design for a production unit of your own. Worse, you are getting us to help you.

I was wondering if anyone knows the patent right laws in other parts of the world to any usefull degree?
The USA patent law does allow %100 copying of a pantented item for personal use only. That is you can do a perfect copy of anyones design and use it all you want and they can not do anything about it. Even if you got help from others or you give your design to someone else for them to copy that patented item too.
BUT! if you get paid anything for said copy of info or for making that copy of the item itself or even helping someone build a copied device that they sell then you are in vilation of the copy right law and at the mercy of the true patent holder and the courts.
However public domain ideas are hard to trace and prove in court also. What a bunch of online guys reverse engineered even if it looks like a perfet copy is going to be very hard to make a stink about in court and get any positive results.
I shortened and refraised what is in my patent right laws book. And the book is a few years old so its possible my info is no longer 100% correct.

I think the op point has been missed, scams aside and we all recognise them a mile away by now fresh ideas and new aproaches should not be shunned. after all if man was meant to fly god would have given him wings ????? thank got some of us got given brains !!!!!!!!

HaHA HaHa!!!! I thought we were getting a bit off too... what was the real point here? to open up about what?
The cooncept of letting new thinkers get a word in right?

I admit I have took a few light hearted pooks at the water gas guys too. I also have taken many hard hits for my new aproches to things over the years too!

I really expected to get beat down for my Grid Tie Inverter info. I tried helping someone a year or two ago at another site with this concept and got roasted right out of the site!
Aparantly the schematics were junk and the pics were totaly photo shopped or stagged!
And I was a retard for thinking I could push energy backwards against the national power grid and not have the whole countries power system instantly destablize and follow my GTI at some random wild frequency hopping violently from harmonic resonance point to harmonic resonance point!
Someone even did the math to prove it too! I had some big time Mathematical Monkey Poo flung at me!

Glad you have been far more understanding.

More Monkey business.

HaHA HaHa!!!! I thought we were getting a bit off too... what was the real point here? to open up about what?
The cooncept of letting new thinkers get a word in right?

I admit I have took a few light hearted pooks at the water gas guys too. I also have taken many hard hits for my new aproches to things over the years too!

I really expected to get beat down for my Grid Tie Inverter info. I tried helping someone a year or two ago at another site with this concept and got roasted right out of the site!
Aparantly the schematics were junk and the pics were totaly photo shopped or stagged!
And I was a retard for thinking I could push energy backwards against the national power grid and not have the whole countries power system instantly destablize and follow my GTI at some random wild frequency hopping violently from harmonic resonance point to harmonic resonance point!
Someone even did the math to prove it too! I had some big time Mathematical Monkey Poo flung at me!

Glad you have been far more understanding.

That's ok. have some monkey poo.

Sometimes the truth doesn't smell so good.

kv :D:D:D

;) Well... being you do have the monkeys I will let it slide..:D

I was wondering if anyone knows the patent right laws in other parts of the world to any usefull degree?
The USA patent law does allow %100 copying of a pantented item for personal use only. ... BUT! if you get paid anything for said copy...

In civilized countries, it follows the money. Other places you can just steal, cheat, lie, murder your wife, wipe your butt with your bare hand, and nobody says anything.

Giant joule thief.

Based on the opener I'll be the fool and take the bate.

Ok, behind my house is a power line I don't want to try to use something to transform it but rather try to steal a few joules at a time.

So, If there is an EMI shouldn't I be able to produce a collector such as a gas filled bulb maybe and even though you don't see light emission you are collecting small amounts thru it into a storage device or something.

If to get close enough to energize it how close is to close for the potential arc or would there even be a joule to steal.

kv

Last edited:
On the theoretical theft issue mentioned

If you want a few watts to play with look for one of those big lighting surge supresors. They have a ground line comming down the pole. They make a good capacitive coupler to the line under normal use.
I lived under a 128kv 4 wire for two years. one of the phases had its giant MOV device on the pole 4 ft from my garage. I accidently ripped the ground wire off one winter while getting my pickup unstuck. It could hold a 3/8 inch spark at the break.

Before I called it in and got it repaired (next spring of course!) (I had to burry the HV leads under the snow to hide what I had tapped the transformer into) I dumped it through a microwave oven transformer in reverse. the 120 volt coil gave me about 60 volts open circuit that pulled down to 12 volts at 2 amps. Just enough to charge a deep cycle batttery! Or run a pair of 12v 12w bulbs which is what it did 95% of the time.
Still illegal of course! but 24watts * 24hrs * 60 days or so = 34560 Watt hours!
or 34.5 KWH or one days average power use for that house.

Dang. That's a lot of juice for that. Did the power output vary a lot? Seems like you would be getting more with a lot of noise on the line, and maybe none if the line was ever a perfect sine wave.

the lights always seemed farely constant.
I did not own an O-scope at that point yet. So I have no idea what the actual wave form looked like. The transformer did not make any odd sounds as I can remember so I assume it was fairly sineusoidial.

It was more of an amusement than an actual scientific study at the time.
Had that Giant surge supressor triggered I probibly would have gotten my tranformer HV side blown to bits!

I have always wanted to try it again and do a proper anyalysis to see what I could learn from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back