Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Open up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Many enjoy pouncing on the one that produces an idea to save humanity from its power hungry needs. The one that proposes such an idea which they feel will improve the human race. Sure you look good and lick your brow as you silence their unprepared argument. But...

Much of the technology that you and I enjoy today has been the result of mistakes and blunder. Some through trial and error as in the Edison’s light bulb. Perhaps we would have remained in darkness for a year or so longer if it were not for the effort of a determined Edison.

Maybe an idea is beyond reality and defies all logic, but perhaps through the journey a new idea is formed, a new frontier is explored. These are the creative ideas that spawn new technology and breed new ideas. To stifle such ideas is to curtail a new progressive thinking that leads to new and useful innovations.

Forget the fact that some notions are doomed to fail, forget that an idea has no hope for success, instead embrace the idea of new ideas. Once a idea is born, it may soon miscarriage but in the afterbirth a spawn of its cell may grow. We should not hinder the creative mind with our preconceived notions and sound understanding of physics, for it is the one that leaps beyond logic that new discoveries are found.

I would agree that many advances in technology have been made in the garden shed and we shouldn't be so quick off the mark to 'poo poo' any idea.

Weve all run across the 'experts' who dismiss any any idea thats not in a text book.

For example, today we have home inventors working on RE 'renewable energy',
I have contacts with some who are now totally power independant, either thru solar and/or wind power.
Bryan1 is one such example.

Mike.
As a point of scientific fact it was Swann who invented what is todays tungsten lamp,, Edison later agreed that Swann had precedence.

However they agreed to share the credit.

I would like to make it clear that I do not include 'free energy' ideas in my statement, IMO its bunk....

Last edited:
Free energy isn’t just “scientifically unlikely” or “scientifically implausible” – it’s scientifically IMPOSSIBLE.

Free energy isn’t just “scientifically unlikely” or “scientifically implausible” – it’s scientifically IMPOSSIBLE.

Isn't all energy free? Terrestrial energy either comes from the (or a) Sun or the motion of the Earth. We don't pay for either.:rolleyes:

Mike.

Isn't all energy free? Terrestrial energy either comes from the (or a) Sun or the motion of the Earth. We don't pay for either.:rolleyes:

Mike.

hi Mike,
Its the word 'free' that I would dispute.

We have to manufacture the means of extracting/harvesting the 'free fuel' from the environment and also ways of converting it to usable energy for our use...
so it aint really free.

I know that you know that, but I think you are in debate mode..:)

Last edited:
Mike, how old are you? I'm working on the theory that all overunity nutjobs are middle-aged white men. I need to plot the onset of this disease more accurately.

Mike, how old are you? I'm working on the theory that all overunity nutjobs are middle-aged white men. I need to plot the onset of this disease more accurately.

I know how old Mike is, but I dare not say.!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm 50 and know the laws of physics. I just like to point out that there is only 1 real source of energy and it will keep generating long after we are long gone. I was hoping that someone would argue that tidal energy comes from the moon.

Mike.
Edit, Bugger, just noticed I passed the 5000 post mark and wasted it on an overunity thread.

Edit2, can I whisper very quietly, Lithium Bromide.

Last edited:
I'm 50 and know the laws of physics. I just like to point out that there is only 1 real source of energy and it will keep generating long after we are long gone. I was hoping that someone would argue that tidal energy comes from the moon.

Mike.
Edit, Bugger, just noticed I passed the 5000 post mark and wasted it on an overunity thread.

Edit2, can I whisper very quietly, Lithium Bromide.

Happy 5000th Birthday.!**broken link removed**

Last edited:
... I'm working on the theory that all overunity nutjobs are middle-aged white men. I need to plot the onset of this disease more accurately.

I know an eastern european who is 28 (is that middle-aged?) who repeatedly drones on about his hydrogen generator 'it can produce 150 litres/min with between 5 and 15 amps going in'

150 litres/min of nitrogen and oxygen? :D

I've played around with a couple of these cells and the trouble (so far) has far outweighed any potential usefulness. I think my cells generate about .001 liters a minute and all we've been able to do is ignite soap bubbles. I've made some very inefficient water heaters.

edit: I guess the redneck entertainment value has been significant. Probably worth the cost of admission.

Fear Motavation.

As a point of scientific fact it was Swann who invented what is todays tungsten lamp,, Edison later agreed that Swann had precedence.

However they agreed to share the credit.

In my text books you won't find that information. The only person who is receiving credit is Edison. You would have to look long and hard to find "Truth"

So, many people have been dismembered by those with Money and Influence.

But, is the cost of sharing so terrible that someone has to put that good idea under a barrel ( Fear of loosing opportunity) or maybe to put it to a flame (destroy it) to protect their personal pride and interest's.

I say share it with the world and let everyone take part in the promise.

The greater good should be observed and preserved and let the greedy bastards have the damn thing and let progress get on with the business of growing.

Our family has lost opportunity more than once. And other people have profited and had town named after them. Meanwhile in the business district of our local community old family's will hear my name and ask is that your Grandfather, I say yes and they begin to tell me the story and how it really happened.

I'm sure there are many people on this site with similar experiences and the fruit does not fall far from the tree. You know who you are. So, continue on with your perseverance and don't look back don't worry about what you will loose. If you (don't share) then we all loose. The internet is where you let it go then see if flowers you never know how it will impact the world.

My father designed a diffuser which increase separation during water treatment. The designer's came and ask him how it worked. After that it was implemented into the designed of the Plant and increased the efficiency by 80%. Giving my father (no credit) That strategy is employed by several facility's. My father will never know ( a simple man ) how he has help community's protect there ground water. All he could see was their is a better way of doing it.

Maybe you do to.

Edit: Nothing to do with over unity either. or the HHO Believers.

kv

Super! apsolutely super!
Did every one run out of piss today? Or is it simply no one found a new topic to pee on?

But seriously you are right about the sharring in every way. If someone wants to pirate my GTI designs and create a company that builds them, super! really! to know my idea that came from some shunned and often peed on ideas is in the world being used by others would be a personal point of satisfaction.
So what if I dont get credit. Neather do the a-holes that threw MMP at me said I was nuts for trying to make one in the first place!
When that happpens I can say I knew I was right. They are the ones that will have to eventualy swallow some pride and accept that they were wrong, not me.
I feel the same way about those same overunity crackpots as most others but I will hold my tounge a while longer and try to help when I can anyway.
Who knows one of those goofs may just tap into something that does work! even if by accident.
Perhaps me or even you could end up doing it by accident! Then what do you do?

And who is more likely to get some favorable kick back and credit? Well I will place my bets that goof just might lean more favoribly towards me for answering one simple question honestly than towards the rest of the pissers that dumped all over him.
When I have been in that position I pay it forward! Then rub a few pissers noses in it too!

But this is just a thaught.

Idea's

When an Idea is an idea. Explore it and all the dis-advantages sometimes thats how it goes and yes someone may just stumble onto something.

Nobody gives a crap about the guy who invented the first battery. But we have benefited. The first light and battery is claimed to have been lost to antiquity. Just because we can write about it then suddenly it's a new idea (Big Deal ) So, I do say suppress an idea because suddenly it's lost to someone else. Hell no just get over it move on.

It does not change who you are. It never should have change you. An artist creates for the sake of creating not for the benefits. It is his intent to just do what he does. Not to be what he does. I am who I am not what I do. When I'm gone nobody will ever give a crap if I or you happened to invent cold fusion or the first what ever.

Their are lots of good hard working people who don't get the credit for things every single day if it kills somebody or if it looses a bunch of money suddenly they or them ( the greedy people ) suddenly had nothing to do with it. However, when you share it other people of like minds then it's something totally different. Let them recreate it and when they can reproduce ( the whatever ) then everyone knows who to give the credit to.

I don't give a rat's behind about things if it's yours I don't want it, it belongs to you and I will scream to the top of my lungs to tell someone who it belongs to.

I don't know if doing a poor mans copy write will help. I've actually done them. But. I don't believe they offer any protection if someone with money wants it, they will get it. then you will spend the rest of your life trying to get justice.

kv

Last edited:
You can't change people, they can only change themselves. So instead telling them they are a fail, just help them to fail. If you don't want to help them, then don't say anything, as all anything else does is fuel stubborness and more wasted time for everyone.

Nobody gives a crap about the guy who invented the first battery. But we have benefited. The first light and battery is claimed to have been lost to antiquity. Just because we can write about it then suddenly it's a new idea (Big Deal ) So, I do say suppress an idea because suddenly it's lost to someone else. Hell no just get over it move on.

hi kv,

Ref the inventor of the battery.
Inventor: Alessandro Giuseppe Antonio Anastasio Volta
**broken link removed**

I can see where Mike is coming from.. In the solar tracker topic.. Although It wasnt my idea (it was lorrentz).. I felt more that people were hell bent upon giving me new theories on how to do the tracking then helping me figure out the electronics, or helping with other knowledge they could share..

As soon as I told them where I was from .. my rep immediately went to "Bad" ..... but it gave me even more energy to continue doing my work with greater passion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back