Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OPamp configurations for high slew rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug314

I need an opamp configuration with the following specs. slew rate 14 v/us, Voltage range 18V, current output typically 1.5A or 5A peak. There are configurations one can use to achieve these results using multiple opamps, I assume. I need guidance on what type of configuration I would need to achieve these results.

You cannot increase the intrinsic slew-rate of an op amp as given in their data sheet.
You have to buy one with sufficient slew-rate (probably at least 20 V/us if you need 14 V/us).

You cannot increase the intrinsic slew-rate of an op amp as given in their data sheet.
You have to buy one with sufficient slew-rate (probably at least 20 V/us if you need 14 V/us).
You can add transistors at the output to increase the slew rate, and the GBW.

Last edited:
You can add transistors at the output to increase the slew rate, and the GBW.
Only if you know how to compensate for the extra gain/bandwidth to keep the circuit stable.

Only if you know how to compensate for the extra gain/bandwidth to keep the circuit stable.
It's not that hard. Here's an LM324, with the slew and GBW boosted:

slew increase.jpg

Used to be not very expensive and easily available.

LM318 .png

TL072, just 13 V/us

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back