Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp - comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be noted that I made an error in my description, the bridge PFETs are on when there is no torque which provides dynamic brake to stop bump steering and hold the steering in it's last position and then turned off prior to the NFET being turned on
hi,
Check this clip from your box circuit, is the 430R connected in series with that 10Kpot.?? because you are showing an LED in the same path.?

What are the OPA comps types.?

I have a working LTspice sim of the 'boxes' section and a the14v/8v/2.5v

Attachments

• Rev-7.05 Eric2 .png
    Rev-7.05 Eric2 .png
    25.3 KB · Views: 146
hi,
Look at these images for the 'draft' version of your 'boxes' in LTspice.

Attachments

• 000esp04.gif
    000esp04.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 000esp05.gif
    000esp05.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 000esp06.gif
    000esp06.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 000esp07.gif
    000esp07.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 162
hi,
Check this clip from your box circuit, is the 430R connected in series with that 10Kpot.?? because you are showing an LED in the same path.?

What are the OPA comps types.?

I have a working LTspice sim of the 'boxes' section and a the14v/8v/2.5v

LM393 Comp, missed putting a connection there. 8v is an LM317

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 140
LM393 Comp, missed putting a connection there. 8v is an LM317
I guessed it may be a LM393, thats what I used.

Look at the sim images I posted.

EDIT:
Sim with the +8V added to the Red led.

Attachments

• 000esp09.gif
    000esp09.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
All sim images in post 22 show the missing connection that was corrected in post 24, of particular interest to me would the I(V2), with the 8 V sitting on the 2.4 V zener, my mid point adjustment becomes 5.2 for the rest of the circuit and the only controlling input voltage that will vary with battery voltage will be the amplitude of the triangle wave. It's looking like the 8 v sitting on the 2.4 v zener will work, can you attach the .asc file for me, please. Still thinking, looking, changing and testing new ideas.
Thank You,
Jeff

All sim images in post 22 show the missing connection that was corrected in post 24, of particular interest to me would the I(V2), with the 8 V sitting on the 2.4 V zener, my mid point adjustment becomes 5.2 for the rest of the circuit and the only controlling input voltage that will vary with battery voltage will be the amplitude of the triangle wave. It's looking like the 8 v sitting on the 2.4 v zener will work, can you attach the .asc file for me, please. Still thinking, looking, changing and testing new ideas.
Thank You,
Jeff

hi,
Attached asc file [with the +8V mod].

I would like to see any of the asc files you create.
The LM393 model is from the LTS Yahoo user group site.

BTW: R20 is to that pin on the triangle gen

Attachments

• JeffBridge1c.asc
    6.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
hi,
Attached asc file [with the +8V mod].

I would like to see any of the asc files you create.
The LM393 model is from the LTS Yahoo user group site.

BTW: R20 is to that pin on the triangle gen

R20, saw that after a minute, I think I've come up with another change, I'll post it if it works out,
I just found this asc and modified it from a UJT oscillator to what I have in the circuit and adjusted values to demonstrate function, so what's in the asc is not necessarily what's on the circuit board.
After I did the modifications, I tried to attach it, but couldn't find it with windows explorer, so I had to open it back up with spice and save it to my desktop, It shows that it is locked, which I think means only spice can see it. Do you know what going on with spice doing that? Windows 7
Got a new computer a for Christmas and haven't got all things working just yet, Spice is one of them.

Attachments

• REVISION 7.05.ASC
    6.1 KB · Views: 134
Latest change, did away with zener, 8 volt goes to bridge only (22.65 ma).
My biggest problem was coming up with enough connector pins in the enclosure box and on the circuit board. Had to drill holes in the circuit board and replace the 8 pin socket and plug with a 12, couldn't do anything with the box so I spliced into the key wire going to the box.
Look good at this point.
Jeff

Attachments

• 2Untitled.png
    2Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 143
hi,
Downloaded your latest attachments, will check them over.

When you finalise the design I would recommend adding noise/RF filtering between the bridge and the IA, various examples of filters are shown in the IA datasheets. Also a simple R/Cap filter on the output of the IA would be a good idea.
I'm assuming also as its a 'mobile' piece of kit powered from a 12V vehicle battery, so reverse voltage and good power rail filtering will be essential

Jeff

Sent you a PM with some junk I have you may be able to use for your strain gauge experimenting. Yours if you can use the stuff. Let me know.

Ron

Mobile? Yes, definitely, **broken link removed** This is a link to my Trooper if you would like to browse them.
Jeff

hi,
Nice pic, is that you at the wheel.?

BTW: perhaps a naive question, but what is the project that you are working on, going to do,?

Yes, that's me, it's for the steering on the above vehicle.
Jeff

Yes, that's me, it's for the steering on the above vehicle.
Jeff

Had a few problems with the PC due to downloading a RS232 program, damn thing corrupted all my serial and parallel port drivers settings, could not reinstall, had to use my backup hard drive.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back