Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op amp power

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfink06

Probably a couple of hundred, but why would you want to? What is it that you are trying to do?

I am running some DC to HV-DC converters with these amplifiers, which take input voltage from a DAQ. someone mentioned that the power supply was limited to 5A, and that I should make sure that it would be able to run all 9 op-amps in the circuit at the same time. I don't know how many amps they need to draw from the power supply.

Well, now that I look a bit closer at the datasheet, I finally see the right figure.

Maximum continuous current output. +/- 3A.

So less than two running at full output current.

These are big ones. :)

Well, now that I look a bit closer at the datasheet, I finally see the right figure.

Maximum continuous current output. +/- 3A.

So less than two running at full output current.

These are big ones. :)

for my application the the converters draw about 1.5 amps, but I was hoping that on page 3 under power supply the listing of max Q current being +/- 20 mA would mean that I could run all nine. I wouldn't know how to even start dealing with the headache of switching between amps the whole time.

The Q current is the current that is being drawn when it is not in use, but still powered. It's the minimum current that it will draw at any time.

Looks like you may need a bigger power supply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back