Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op amp design

Status
Not open for further replies.
-1.2m is meaningless. Maybe it is -1.2mV?

475 m is also meaningless. Maybe it is 475mV?

Why is the amplitude of your signals so low??

Why don't you correct the negative supply? It shows +15V but its text is -15V. The symbol is also upside down.

Last edited:
i really not sure why my vee got problem.it is connected to -15v.i am really a beginner,maybe i cannot follow your meaning,can you modify the circuit for me?

Try this for vee. You also have "neg" and "pos" inputs backwards. Could fix that by the 1st stage modifications I suggested.

Attachments

• simpleopamp.asc
    4.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
it does not make any difference after the vee is changed.i wonder why?:confused:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 147
Why are you doing this? You need to know something about the thing you are designing.

It seems to be working now. I'm not sure what I did.

PS: Transient analysis show alot of clipping.

Attachments

• simpleopamp.asc
    4.1 KB · Views: 116
  • simpleopamp.JPG
    simpleopamp.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
I changed one of your output transistors to a generic PNP, because my LTSpice didn't have a model for yours. That's the only change besides correcting vee. Try running my .asc file. It that doesn't work, then I just don't know.

BTW, your differential stage was OK. I am just used to seeing it drawn differently.

Last edited:
ya,the problem is the pnp.after change it i gt the same waveform like your.by the way,what is the gain of the circuit?seem not achieve gain 4000.

Don't worry about making the gain exactly 4000. If that is your target, it should be a minimum number.

Gain = 101*Vout/Vin

Vout/Vin(db) = 20*log*(Vout/Vin)

how should i modify the current sink circuit to obtain other current value?and one stupid question,can the op amp above amplify dc voltage?

You never answered my question: Why are you doing this? Is it a school assignment? If so, what kind of program are you in. I whet to school for a VERY long time, and have been working in the field for almost 30 years. If you want this, you have to make a commitment.

Last edited:
Many of us learned Electronics in school and in university.
A few of us learned electronics themselves.
Since you know such a little amount of electronics then maybe you should do something else (gardening, catching butterflies?).

Don't worry about making the gain exactly 4000. If that is your target, it should be a minimum number.

Gain = 101*Vout/Vin

Vout/Vin(db) = 20*log*(Vout/Vin)

Oooooopssssss... that first equation should have been:

Gain = 101*vout/vx

And vout/vx(db) = 20log(vout/vx)

Last edited:
Prescott2006 got that .asc file from me on the All About Circuits forum.
Thanks for the credit (not!).:rolleyes:

EDIT: Upon further reflection, perhaps you didn't understand the etiquette of this situation. Now you do.:eek:

EDIT: Prescott2006 has added credit to his post. No harm done.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back