Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

op-amp comparator, Floyd13-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.
At Uni..
1. One of my lecturers in the 80's used to give us control systems to analyse, his solutions on paper made them more unstable.
2. Examples like PG posted where the + & - of the op-amp where reversed and we were expected to find the gain of such a circuit.

In work
1. Bosses who think getting more power out of an amplifier just needs a bigger heatsink.
2. As above one who thinks getting 5V@1A from the mains just needs a resistor and a Zener.

On TV
A well known and respected Professor in the UK who thought a combination of 8 lights had thousands of permatations of on and off.

I refuse to watch the so called "Technology" programs on TV because alot of what they talk about is hogwash. "Bluetooth signals can be picked up hundreds of miles away"..Yes if you have Jodrell Bank radio telescope pointing at it.

So no. I don't trust academics. Give me someone who has done 20+ years in the field and I may pay attention. Just look at all the stuff surrounding the discovery of Cold Fusion a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back