Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

On-board Distributed Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanurbe

Greetings,

Hope this post finds everyone well.

I've designed a 3kW full-bridge soft-switched (fs =20kHz) inverter using two monolithic high-voltage IC’s for the gate drivers (please see attached datasheet). This is my first design of something this practical so up till now I've invested all my effort on the design of the power stage and gate-drivers; accordingly, at the moment I’m using 3 separate power supplies in my set-up: 1) one for my Vdd , 2) one for Vcc, one for my DC-link. For my DC-link power I’m using a simple rectifier and LC filter, for my Vdd and Vss I’m using separate isolated SMPS’s. Now that I have things on the power stage working I’d like to refine things a bit. That being said, I’d like to have on-board power for Vdd and Vss. What would be the simplest and/or best approach to achieving my desired goal?

So you need to derive 15VDC at some X mA from Y voltage? So what are the X and Y in your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back