Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Omron Micro switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_t

Hi

Im working on an air blower that seems to work on a vibration/oscillation between 2 transformers.

There is a limit switch on the oscillating part that seems to cut out the power if for some reason the movement stops. i cant find a new one.

Its an Omron D2MS 3092RA thats rated at 3A 250VAC

Ive phoned Omron but its off their systes so i guess its not supplied to the UK any more, RS has D2MQ switches but im not sure if they are direct replacements.

Any ideas?

Hi

Im working on an air blower that seems to work on a vibration/oscillation between 2 transformers.

There is a limit switch on the oscillating part that seems to cut out the power if for some reason the movement stops. i cant find a new one.

Its an Omron D2MS 3092RA thats rated at 3A 250VAC

Ive phoned Omron but its off their systes so i guess its not supplied to the UK any more, RS has D2MQ switches but im not sure if they are direct replacements.

Any ideas?

hi,
Any chance of a clear photo.?:)

Cant find any info on the OMRON.

Here is a photo of the switch, the live is switched through the common and NO.
It is mounted ontop of 1 transformer and the black part you can see to the left of the photo moves back and forth when the transformers are powered. i think this part holds the micro switch closed in operation and if this were to move away from where it should be the switch will open cutting the power.

I need to know if this can be purchased or if there is a direct replacement.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    500.7 KB · Views: 587
Here is a photo of the switch, the live is switched through the common and NO.
It is mounted ontop of 1 transformer and the black part you can see to the left of the photo moves back and forth when the transformers are powered. i think this part holds the micro switch closed in operation and if this were to move away from where it should be the switch will open cutting the power.

I need to know if this can be purchased or if there is a direct replacement.

thanks

hi,
Has the operating lever on the existing µSw broken off.?

I've looked at the RS site, the switches appear to be the same.

The two transformers are most likely solenoids which pull an armature back and forth.

Last edited:
yeah i reckon the little arm must have broken off. i think my best bet is to check the dimensions and ratings are the same as on RS and buy if they are.

yeah i reckon the little arm must have broken off. i think my best bet is to check the dimensions and ratings are the same as on RS and buy if they are.

hi,
Get the highest current rated uSw from RS that will fit.:)

I guess its an air blower for a fish tank.???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back