Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OLED SSD1306 character generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarekSlovakia

Hi everyone, I am working on temperature measuring gadget using SSD1306 OLED 128 x 64 pixels as display unit, bought on Aliexpress.
After I successfully finished I2C communication with my PIC24 microcontroller, I had to make some character patterns. For this purpose
I created small utility for windows - character generator.
I am attaching exe file believing that it can be useful also for anybody else. I made it in Visual Basic Express (.NET installed is necessary).

Here is simplest mandatory configuration stream required to be send before any GDDRAM stream feeding:

8D 14 AF 20 01 21 00 77 22 00 03

Description:
8D 14 AF - for charge pump and display on
20 01 - setting for vertical addressing mode (my exe tool generates data for vertical mode only ! maybe later I will improve it for more flexibility)
21 00 77 - column start and end address
22 00 03 - page start and page end address

After that OLED should be ready to display GDDRAM data (in my case does.)

I do always send data in stream (Co byte set to 0), regardless of that if I am sending just one byte or byte stream. It still works well !
Enjoy !

Attachments

• SSD1306chargen.exe
    40 KB · Views: 381
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back