Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Odd little question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I was just wondering if we can see how much time we have spent on the forum. I think it would be interesting to see how many days i have been logged in. :) Probably too much... :rolleyes:

I skimmed through the User CP, but didn't find anything... I am sure the site logs that information, right?

I'm sure there's something. PHP boards tend to log a lot of time stamps with all events, scripts need to be written to parse those logs into useful (or useless depending on your point of view) statistics. I'm a fan of statistics though so I'd like to see some as well. Maybe Nigel can point out if there are any available to normal users, and there is no such thing as too much =) "Back in the day" when I was 15-16 or so and multi-line BBS's were still popular me and some friends would have contests to see who could stay online the longest. I always won =) Big chataholic back in those days. Not a very useful skill, but I type 60-80 words a minute because of it, so it wasn't wasted time =>

I don't think there's anything in the moderators scope, and (at least in PHPBB, which this isn't run on now) there's nothing in the administrators options.

It's really not something that can be logged, because you don't log in and out (unless you want to?) - if you're online or not is simply based on how long it was since you last accessed the board. Once you've not accessed it for a certain time, you're assumed to no longer be present.

Although I've been absent for a week, I often do find that I spend far more time here helping others than I do building my own projects; I don't know if this is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back