Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

obstacle chaser robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

manii3029

hiii...
ihave made obstacle chaser robot.....
while i have used TSOP1738 as sensor....but it is not moving......
can u send me full circuit diagramme of it..

ihave made obstacle chaser robot.....
while i have used TSOP1738 as sensor....but it is not moving......
can u send me full circuit diagramme of it..

Can you give some more details of "obstacle chaser robot" ?
So that we can help you more in this regard.
Does it mean that obstacles are moving and Robot is chasing them?
Or is it "obstacle avoiding robot" ? :)

hey, I would love to do this as a hobby kit... can someone tell me what are the basic requirements for this ?

Basic concept behind "Obstacle detector robot" is you need to sense the obstacles.
Use appropriate sensors depending upon these obstacles, like if you have metal obstacles then use metal detector. or plastic, color sensors.
You can also give a destination point to microcontroller, due to which microcontroller will avoid the obstacles and then try to reach to end destination.

What's the fun of building this if someone spoon feeds you the circuit diagram? :D

Object chasing to me suggests you need video, like the CMUcam to be able to (a) recognize a color-coded object (b) determine what direction the object is moving. To recognize any generic object is rather non-trivial. To recognize a big orange spot on an object, using a CMUcam (not that I have done this, mind you, just based on what I have read/heard) is considerably easier and in reach of the hobbyist / amateur / etc.

**broken link removed**

You can pick one up at Acroname among other places.

Something similar was intended for the FIRST Robotic Challenge 2008, I think -- kits included a color-sensitive camera and the trailers hooked to the robots had masts with color-coded flags so robots, during autonomous mode, could potentially chase each other / aim moon rocks at the trailer.

I suppose you could figure out a way to detect an IR beacon. That'd require, I guess, a bunch of IR detectors positioned to allow the robot to determine direction of the beacon. E.g., have a detector positioned on a circle, on a plane parallel to the 'floor' with ir becons aligned around the circle pointed radially, every, say, 15 degrees.

**broken link removed**

Or even a few detectors with a servo-mounted turret so it can 'scan'. The detectors could simply be IR phototransistors, or IR remote control modules that handle the detection of ~40kHz modulated signals.

Michael

PS: you could also create a simple light sensitive robot that steers towards light -- there are simple designs out there involving a sensor and motor on each side and the amount of light sensed on one side drives the opposite motor harder to steer the robot so the light is between both sensors. Like this: http://www.geocities.com/lemagicien_2000/elecpage/ltch/ltch.html So then you just put a big light bulb on the robot being chased.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back