Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HUMAN brain controlled system/robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the advertisements, it looks almost like a "no brainer."

Worth a try at least. Could make a very interesting thread too.

John

SORRY, In fast reply i forgot to say more it has mention for 60Hz but in India its 50Hz so, can i use in India.

SORRY, In fast reply i forgot to say more it has mention for 60Hz but in India its 50Hz so, can i use in India.

What do you think if the website says: Note: Headset is rated at 60 Hz and is intended for use in 60 Hz electrical regions only, such as the United States.
That means that the headset does not work properly in India.. you'll get too much noise etc.

The ThinkGear AM - Brainwave Sensor works in both 50/60 Hz areas. Well, actually it uses DC, but the "advanced" filter filters out both 50 and 60 Hz noise.

For this sensor we need electrodes and i have no idea how to interface it with brain,etc...will it damage the nerves?

For this sensor we need electrodes and i have no idea how to interface it with brain,etc...will it damage the nerves?

If you have to ask "If I do this, will it damage my brains?", then maybe you should not be doing what you are about to do. In your case I don't think there is much damage that can be done..

Well, seriously, if it is a commercial product, commercial electrodes etc. then, no, they will not damage nerves. They are just like "antennas" that receive weak signals from nerves/brain etc. Because the signals are weak, you need good filters to filter out noise. Especially the 50/60 Hz noise from mains electricity.

I don't know.. impossible for anyone to know what kind of "brain-inspection"-solution you are looking for. Read the product descriptions etc. and make a decision.

Actually my honest advice to you (again) is that, don't waste your money on this brainwave-thing. Buy the PicKit.. or some other hobby/development equipment.

Actually my honest advice to you (again) is that, don't waste your money on this brainwave-thing. Buy the PicKit.. or some other hobby/development equipment.

How can you say that? He has his own electronics web site and Youtube channel and every thing!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back