Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nycrome Electric bulb driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am interested to electric bulb driver used in street lighting or any suitable area.

Need to know how this circuit can work.
Take a look the circuit in first attachment.

1. 220 V ac has feed to 2 diode that could pick positive half cycle.
2. On the junction point what the yellow componet does, is it a capacitor ? Using for discharging ?
3. Whats the choke is doing here, looks it comes from bulb surface.
4. Capacitor 330nF and SCR K1400E is triggering the negative part of this bulb?

5. Does 460k, 1M ohm POT and 1.8 Mohm resistor parallel to bulb is maintaning current or voltage.
6. Not sure other yellow component is doing here?

Lets discuss together to learn more for further development.

I think you forgot to post the schem.
20190206_173432-min.jpg
20190206_173311-min.jpg

20190206_173346-min.jpg

Okay....mistake.

Take a look

I'm pretty sure thats not a street light.
Its a disco strobe with a xenon tube.
The diodes recitify the incomming supply, the yellow cap holds the charge for the next flash, the 'choke' is a trigger transformer it generates about 6kv to trigger the strobe tube, the final cap you mention holds the charge to trigger the tube, the pot sets the flash speed, and the last cap probably used as part of the oscillator that triggers the tube.
The transistor looking device is most likely a thyristor.

Its a disco strobe with a xenon tube.
OMG, does it contains gas?
This kind of light used in photo studio?
The diodes recitify the incomming supply, the yellow cap holds the charge for the next flash
Does it means at positive half cycle the 2 diodes conducts well, but in the next negative cycle the input yellow CAP helps to discharges ?

the 'choke' is a trigger transformer it generates about 6kv to trigger the strobe tube
Interesting to see this point, how this choke can trigger like a transformer ?
How this kind of high voltage can generate on this system? High voltage pulse?

The final cap is 330nF ? It also saves the thyristor ?
The oscillation might generates from LC action. Do you have any idea of this 2 CAPS? what should be their values.

MD MUBDIUL HASAN I just looked at your profile, and given your vast experience in research and design of basically everything electronic, it makes me wonder how could such a trivial circuit baffle you so much?

Anyway the thing you keep calling a choke is actually a transformer made for triggering the xenon strobe lamp.

MD MUBDIUL HASAN I just looked at your profile, and given your vast experience in research and design of basically everything electronic, it makes me wonder how could such a trivial circuit baffle you so much?

Anyway the thing you keep calling a choke is actually a transformer made for triggering the xenon strobe lamp.

Still I think myself " stupid" learner.
Most of the time I used to be more.

Basic is hidden on everything, from toilet to bed. More and more I read, thousand times I forget. Remains nothing!

OMG, does it contains gas?

Presumably so - hence their name.

You are aware that it's just a very bright flash, and not a constant light - and looking at the picture it looks old, so the tube will almost certainly be faulty - they only have a fairly short lifespan, a certain number of flashes. I've got a couple of disco strobes I was given, and had to replace the tubes in - never really used them though, took them to a gig/party once, but no one liked them :(

I saw how people made it before, capacitor must be charging through a resistor and discharging through triggering transformer. Take a look
flash2.jpg
flash2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back