Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NPN transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartx7000

I have a working transistor but the label is missing. How do I find out what it is? I think it is a NPN. It is a power transistor in a T0-3 package. Is there anyway to figure out what it is?
Thanks in advance

my guess would be that it would be pretty hard to find out what kind of transistor it is. Though you could find out where E,B, and C are, but that still wouldn't help you out.

In TO-3 package the case is collector. You can find out the structure with diode-checker or multimeter: connect +wire to pin1 -wire to other pin,afterward -wire to case.If You find with this method two conducted diodes,it`s NPN transistor,and +wire the base.If nothing found, change polarity..... nothing found connect the + to another pin....
I hope You can understand my bad english,unfortunately i never learn.Maybe help for You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back