Nothing ! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
No interest here

BASIC is just too primitive for me... C is more logical to code in and so much more effective.

Re: No interest here

Oznog said:
BASIC is just too primitive for me... C is more logical to code in and so much more effective.

C - 'logical' - interesting idea?.

'C' snobbery

How far advanced is your project, and what are you using to write it?.

I've been working on adding a BASIC compiler to WinPicProg for a while now, with a view to releasing it as shareware (the original compiler technology wasn't mine). The compiler creates assembler code and then calls MPASM to assemble it.

I'd be quite happy to give it a test :lol:

Obviously writing it in C is a good idea, it means it could very easily be moved to other systems - although personally I don't do 'C' :lol:

HI

I have been using a basic compiler from oshonsoft for a while now and i really love it.

I am experienced in writing high level programmes in C but chose basic over C for programing pics because of its simplicity.

Features I would like to see:

IDE with nice pretty colours, and instant correction for common errors. (so we can all be lazy programmers :lol: )

Simulator with a graphical representation of the signals on each pin of the chip aswell as the values stored in the registers.

Functions to deal with interrupts of different types (eg INT or timer0)

Good luck bluex_scf

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i have a go with it???

i'm using picbasic from crownhill.personnal choice.but i also love jal because it's sortof like pascal. i like pascal and basic pic compilers. especially free ones.

-vortech

Just an idea!, but in the BASIC version of WinPicProg I'm working on (in Delphi) I've written the compiler as a standalone Delphi unit - this accepts a source file in an editor window and returns the assembler code in a different editor window. In use it's something like:

Assembler := Compile(Source);

I presume you can do something similar in C?. It makes the compiler itself totally seperate of any IDE, giving easy translation to other systems.

Obviously you could also make the compiler read a file on disk, and write back to another file - making it usable from DOS, or anything you wanted.

By keeping the compiler part totally seperate you can't 'break it' while working on the interface.

Re: Freeware Basic Compiler for PIC12xx PIC16xx and PIC18xx

A command to use the inbuilt comparators, that seems to be missing in some basics.
A "calibrate pot" routine to go with the "pot" command, that just uses an led to to tell you when the pot is calibrated

I guess some time I would like to be able to compare strings. PIC BASIC PRO can't, so it would be a good think to have.

ivancho said:
I guess some time I would like to be able to compare strings. PIC BASIC PRO can't, so it would be a good think to have.

The problem with strings on a PIC is the small amount of memory space, you can store string constants as tables, but a string variable obviously has to go in the data registers - and you don't have many in a PIC!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…