Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm a newbie here.... please help.. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhenz26_reinar

I have my project about upgrading safety motorcycle helmets, which involves adding a shock alarm similar to those used in cars, a GPS tracker, and auto GSM/SMS capability that can send rescue prompt when triggered. Do you guys have any idea what processor should i use? Any site suggestion? Thakns by the way!

You are going to want to contact a few different manufacturers of micros and see if any of them have done shock tests.

It is important that the micro controller not fail from the impact, thus negating the effectiveness of the project.

So, contact ATMEL, MICROCHIP, TI, NXP, ST, and whoever else you can think of.

I would also look into airbag triggering circuits. These are basically what you want. But instead of triggering an airbag, you will trigger a transmitter/rescue beacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back