Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nothing ! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
No interest here

BASIC is just too primitive for me... C is more logical to code in and so much more effective.

bluex_scf said:
my basic compiler support Function and Porcedures creation/call, and Type définition (Structures), and Unions(for BitFields)
so the benefits of a good compiler are hier
- Code reusability (proce and funct with params)
- Easy Language to learn
- and it will be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with all the SOURCES CODES OF THE COMPILER .... GPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:eek: so i do not know why your C compiler is more logical than Basic ?

'C' snobbery :D

How far advanced is your project, and what are you using to write it?.

I've been working on adding a BASIC compiler to WinPicProg for a while now, with a view to releasing it as shareware (the original compiler technology wasn't mine). The compiler creates assembler code and then calls MPASM to assemble it.

bluex_scf said:
the compiler is entirely writen in Ansi C language using Lex and Yacc tools. Actually i'm correcting some issues with pic12Cxx series. It seems to work correctly with pic16Fxx and 18Fxx series. I have not finished yet debugging. The ASM code generator is almost finished and there's still somethings to improve with the code translator/optimizer since i generate a PseudoCode witch is converted to MpasmCode. The code converter/optimizer will be rewriten for 85Cxx séries and Atmel Series. I think that it will be the first open source Basic Cross compiler since i have not found anyone on the market ;). I think that i'll have finisshed the first release in the end of June or the mid-July !!! it depends on my free time since i'm writing it as a hacker every afternoon after work :( please .. be patient. Nigel perhaps i'll contact you soon for Beta Tests ;)
thanks

I'd be quite happy to give it a test :lol:

Obviously writing it in C is a good idea, it means it could very easily be moved to other systems - although personally I don't do 'C' :lol:

HI

I have been using a basic compiler from oshonsoft for a while now and i really love it.

I am experienced in writing high level programmes in C but chose basic over C for programing pics because of its simplicity.

Features I would like to see:

IDE with nice pretty colours, and instant correction for common errors. (so we can all be lazy programmers :lol: )

Simulator with a graphical representation of the signals on each pin of the chip aswell as the values stored in the registers.

Functions to deal with interrupts of different types (eg INT or timer0)

Good luck bluex_scf

freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can i have a go with it???

i'm using picbasic from crownhill.personnal choice.but i also love jal because it's sortof like pascal. i like pascal and basic pic compilers. especially free ones.

-vortech

Just an idea!, but in the BASIC version of WinPicProg I'm working on (in Delphi) I've written the compiler as a standalone Delphi unit - this accepts a source file in an editor window and returns the assembler code in a different editor window. In use it's something like:

Assembler := Compile(Source);

I presume you can do something similar in C?. It makes the compiler itself totally seperate of any IDE, giving easy translation to other systems.

Obviously you could also make the compiler read a file on disk, and write back to another file - making it usable from DOS, or anything you wanted.

By keeping the compiler part totally seperate you can't 'break it' while working on the interface.

Re: Freeware Basic Compiler for PIC12xx PIC16xx and PIC18xx

bluex_scf said:
:idea:
Hi every body !
I'm working on a new, FREE and simple Basic Language Compiler for Microchip PIC12xx PIC16xx and PIC18xx !!!
Actually my compiler is Fully Syntax compatible with MPLabs Pic Pro Compiler, and with Basic STAMP Syntax.
I would like to know what are the enhancements and the useful things you have ever like (or dreamed of :wink: ) in a basic compiler for PIC.
Actually my compiler is generating PURE pseudo Code for an arbitrary CPU, and in a second pass a code generator and an optimizer generate the NATIVE PURE asm sources for the microchip Assembler MPASM.
The port of my optimizer and souce code generator to other cpus like 8051 series is not so difficult and i think that we can have a fully source code compatible between different MCU's (the architecture dependent features will not be compatibles of couse).
I need your opinions and ideas to enhance my compiler !!!
the estimate date is JULY 2004 for the first release (Beta 0.0.1a).
It will be FreeWare under GPL licence. Source codes will be Free (open source) from the release of vers 0.8 or 0.9 in order to avoid an anarchic evolution of the project or its derivative if wany.
help ::: :p

A command to use the inbuilt comparators, that seems to be missing in some basics.
A "calibrate pot" routine to go with the "pot" command, that just uses an led to to tell you when the pot is calibrated

I guess some time I would like to be able to compare strings. PIC BASIC PRO can't, so it would be a good think to have.

ivancho said:
I guess some time I would like to be able to compare strings. PIC BASIC PRO can't, so it would be a good think to have.

The problem with strings on a PIC is the small amount of memory space, you can store string constants as tables, but a string variable obviously has to go in the data registers - and you don't have many in a PIC!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back