Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NOR Gate circuit - Can it be built with floating inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say "truth table" do you mean:
A high B high - coast
A high B low - forward
A low B high - reverse
A low B low - brake
?
I mean the complete truth table to control each individual MOSFET, as below.

Attachments

• H-bridge control for DamoRC.PNG
    H-bridge control for DamoRC.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 118
Okay - so what I need to do now is come up with a set of logical operations that both A and B go through to deliver the desired outputs at W, X, Y and Z. I'll get back when I have the answer figured out.

Cheers.

Okay - so what I need to do now is come up with a set of logical operations that both A and B go through to deliver the desired outputs at W, X, Y and Z. I'll get back when I have the answer figured out.

Cheers.
That's correct, and the logic functions are really simple. Don't waste too much time on them unless you want the learning experience. We can post them here.
PS The simplest way is probably to use gates in the CD4000 logic family. Keep in mind that you will have to follow each one with a level translator, which will generally also be a logical inverter.

Last edited:
Roff - thanks. For now I am going to go without a brake. I completed the circuit (version 2) and thus far it seems to work fine.

I will revisit the brake function at a later date and learn smething about the logic family that you have suggested.

Again thanks for all of your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back