Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise_graphs datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

Hello Forum,

The graph uV/sqrt(Hz) Vs frequency .As the frequency is increasing the noise is reducing , my question is why would one allow a high frequency component to pass through in the first place to get low noise in the output ? . I feel I am interpreting something wrong ,this spec I am checking for the first time as I need ultra low noise at output.

-D

Attachments

• nois.JPG
    nois.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 118
Some old opamps are very noisy. Some audio opamps have very low noise.
It is your choice.

I am sorry , let me be more specifie I somehow deleted the first line of my post . This is spec diagram from Analog devices LDO .

-D

Is it a low dropout voltage regulator?
It has a lot of transistors inside that create a little amount of noise.
A larger output capacitor might reduce the high frequency noise.

Is it a low dropout voltage regulator?
It has a lot of transistors inside that create a little amount of noise.
A larger output capacitor might reduce the high frequency noise.

Its **broken link removed** . I need to ask as the LDO is injecting Low noise at high frequency if I put a large RC filter at output it will increase noise , is this so?

-D

It is ADP150.
It is an Ultra-Low-Noise low-dropout voltage regulator. Its noise is very low and levels out at 100kHz.

I need to ask as the LDO is injecting Low noise at high frequency if I put a large RC filter at output it will increase noise , is this so?
If you add a series resistor then a capacitor to ground at the output then the noise will be reduced but the voltage regulation will be poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back