Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel Goodwin and nRF24L01 RF module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr RB

Hi Nigel, have you had a chance to play with those cheap nRF24L01 RF modules you bought recently, that we discussed in another thread?

The reason I'm asking is because I just bought a pair of them too and wondered if you had any tips or tricks etc for using them. Especially something like a minimalist setup for simple data transfer?

I've got the datasheet but it's longwinded and has a lot of setup stuff.

There's no big rush so if you have not had a chance to work with them yet I'll have a fiddle later and post some results and code etc. I have lots of other work on so these are just for some hobby tinkering. :)

Hi Nigel, have you had a chance to play with those cheap nRF24L01 RF modules you bought recently, that we discussed in another thread?

The reason I'm asking is because I just bought a pair of them too and wondered if you had any tips or tricks etc for using them. Especially something like a minimalist setup for simple data transfer?

I've got the datasheet but it's longwinded and has a lot of setup stuff.

There's no big rush so if you have not had a chance to work with them yet I'll have a fiddle later and post some results and code etc. I have lots of other work on so these are just for some hobby tinkering. :)

Sorry, I've not had time yet - I've been busy on my on-going SMS development project, and to make things worse I'm absolutely ridden with cold at the moment, and have been for a week or so now.

The only thing I have found is that my PICKit3 won't connect if the module is plugged in?, it uses a completely different port as well - I've not had time to investigate it though.

Thanks for the update Nigel. :) My modules have arrived but like you i'm in the middle of other work although I'm without a cold at the moment! ;) My sympathies.

Hmmm, the PICkit thing is interesting, maybe the module is affecting the voltages? They are 3.3v modules right?

Thanks again, and if I get some time to play with them before you I'll post something here or likewise please feel free to post anything here if you like. Sparkfun and a number of suppliers (like cheap China suppliers) are selling these modules now and it would be nice to have some communal info here on the forum. :)

Hi RB,I have recently used the following modules from RF Digital
RFD21733. It has a std 96/n/8 interface with built-in cer antenna.
It is a 15x15mm square smd footprint. It works pretty well with
a reliable reach of 100m LOS.

**broken link removed**

Not sure if this what you want though?

Regards,
Gerhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back