Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nice day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Had a nice day out yesterday, took my dauhgter and her boyfriend quad biking, as a treat for having finished their A levels and school, plus for my birthday the other week.

Not cheap at £37 each, but not bad value - we really enjoyed it.

Bit stiff and aching this morning though! :D

Had a nice day out yesterday, took my dauhgter and her boyfriend quad biking, as a treat for having finished their A levels and school, plus for my birthday the other week.

Good on you Nigel. Happy b-day. I hope I can do the same in the future.

I like bikes I have a Yamaha 1300cc but, I like the peddle ones all kinds. I like to fix them up. For instance the old three speeds in tube gears. I even have a 1940's huffy three speed still with the label on the seat. I have one three wheeler and 2 beach cruisers, Mountain bike, 2 70's model 3 speeds.

That's because your getting OLD :p

Happy belated birthday :D<---need a party hat here

I don't currently have a bike, but I've been a biker for years - I motorbiked to work for five or six years before I ever had a car.

I've been considering getting one, I'd like a trail bike again, I like the option of off-roading, but it's a question of time and money :D

I don't currently have a bike, but I've been a biker for years - I motorbiked to work for five or six years before I ever had a car.

I've been considering getting one, I'd like a trail bike again, I like the option of off-roading, but it's a question of time and money :D

Yeah, I like them too. The Enduro's street/dirt bikes. Taking it on the dirt is a good work out! Stretches your back out.

I just had a cycling accident --- I was hanging up the mountain bike in the garage when it came loose from the hook towards me, knocking me off a ladder onto the concrete floor. I have either a torn ACL or miniscus ligament or both. Waiting to see results of the MRI imaging to see if surgery is necessary. At least the bike was aluminum!
I tore ligaments in my shoulder 20 yrs. back from improperly negotiating a jump with my Maco MX bike. I did an endo over the bars and the 250# bike landed on me to boot! My arm fell limp at my side and I had no control over it. I spent an hour every day for 2 weeks in a 109° hot tub nursing that shoulder back to complete healing in record time.
Bikes (with or without motors) and me don't seem to fare well together!

Sorry to hear of all posters 'accidents'....

I have rheumatoid arthritis...which is why I spend so much time on here...

But...

I've had two great weekends out over the last two weeks...

The first was a Sixties weekend at Picketing in N.Yorkshire where the Swinging Blue Jeans performed( boy was I in pain! ) and last weekend as it was Fathers Day and my daughter's birthday, we went on The North Yorks Moors Railway to Whitby from Pickering by steam train....

Top that!......:D

Soz...just my excitment.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of all posters 'accidents'....

I have rheumatoid arthritis...which is why I spend so much time on here...

But...

I've had two great weekends out over the last two weeks...

The first was a Sixties weekend at Picketing in N.Yorkshire where the Swinging Blue Jeans performed( boy was I in pain! ) and last weekend as it was Fathers Day and my daughter's birthday, we went on The North Yorks Moors Railway to Whitby from Pickering by steam train....

Top that!......:D

Soz...just my excitment.

North Yorkshire - my favourite holiday destination!

We have booked a cottage in September, can't wait!

Last edited:
My youngest son has a Yamaha Warrior 350 and we are looking at a Polaris 250 today. Looks like we have the same bug. Problem is my trailer will not hold both. Need a new trailer now.

Rode an enduro for many years (DT125 and Honda 250), not one wreck was of my few were on the road :D

Happy belated Birthday Nigel.

My youngest son has a Yamaha Warrior 350 and we are looking at a Polaris 250 today. Looks like we have the same bug. Problem is my trailer will not hold both. Need a new trailer now.

The ones we used were Polaris, automatic transmission, 4 disc brakes all from the left hand - don't know if the foot pedal did anything or not, we were told to ignore it. Looking at the Polaris site, I suspect they were the 'Trail Blazer 330'. They provide smaller ones (at lower prices) for 13-15 year olds, and for 10-13 year olds - but I never saw either of those.

I've still got a really stiff and aching neck, must have worked a bit too hard :rolleyes:

Rode an enduro for many years (DT125 and Honda 250), not one wreck was of my few were on the road :D

My last bike was a DT 400, which I originally had brand new, sold when I moved to a car, and later bought back for a couple of years. When I originally sold it, I took a DT175 in part-ex, road it for a few months then sold that to another friend.

Happy belated Birthday Nigel.

Thank you :D

The weather has been nice here as well. I plan on making a trip to the tourmaline mine near my location. **broken link removed**

I hope to find a beauty of a gem on this trip and get a good tan at the same time. Temp in the area is about 90 deg F, or 32.2 deg C

Hi Mike,

Looks an interesting place, I used to do a lot of caving in my younger days - mostly lead mines round here though, and of course the worlds only source of 'blue john' (associated with the lead mining).

The weather has been nice here as well. I plan on making a trip to the tourmaline mine near my location. **broken link removed**

I hope to find a beauty of a gem on this trip and get a good tan at the same time. Temp in the area is about 90 deg F, or 32.2 deg C

Mike,
If you ever get to the UK you must visit the 'jam butty' mines near Liverpool and see the 'diddy men'..:rolleyes:

I just had a cycling accident --- I was hanging up the mountain bike in the garage when it came loose from the hook towards me, knocking me off a ladder onto the concrete floor. I have either a torn ACL or miniscus ligament or both. Waiting to see results of the MRI imaging to see if surgery is necessary. At least the bike was aluminum!
I tore ligaments in my shoulder 20 yrs. back from improperly negotiating a jump with my Maco MX bike. I did an endo over the bars and the 250# bike landed on me to boot! My arm fell limp at my side and I had no control over it. I spent an hour every day for 2 weeks in a 109° hot tub nursing that shoulder back to complete healing in record time.
Bikes (with or without motors) and me don't seem to fare well together!

Damn! Where did the bike land on you at? The recent accident? See, us simple folk don't know all those technical terms like ACL. Unless it clocked you in your American Civil Liberty :eek:

Last edited:
Hey man, you see that big rooster lookin F___er? He got chicken legs. I would submit him on anything with the knees while that top heavy goomer tries to get up!

Well last night I took my 2 young daughters to the circus for the first time. The first act was the lions and one lioness came up the fence right in front of us and roared. My 14 month old daughter laughed and my 4 year old daughter was shite scared, as we did say we would throw her to the lions. All in all both girls had a great time as some of the acts were just brilliant. A 10 year old girl did a triple somersault and landed on 3 guys high- a first ever in circus acts.

So being outback and off the grid still has the benefits, afterall I'm only an hour from the capital.

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back