Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie question: about arbitrary waveform generators

SteveNerd

Hello, I have a question about Arbitrary Waveform Generators. Ive ordered a Siglent 1032x and I am hoping to be able to input a math function as I would on a graphing calculator. Would this be possible? Also, is there a graphing calculator that can output an analog waveform? How about a graphing calculator that can output a number table that I can download to something else. My main area of interest is low level analog computers such as The Analog Thing
Thank you in advance

You have to check the specific software for the waveform gen you are using,
that it will take an equation rather than sample values.

Generally speaking that software also takes a CSV (Excel) generated file. which in turn
can be generated with an equation.

Regards, Dana.

I have used an Excel spreadsheet to create tables which were displayed graphically on my computer screen waveforms the exported then copied the column of numbers and pasted them into an assembler file. This was used to generate special waveforms. You can do something similar.

Using a terminal program you might be able to send the table to a commercial arbitrary function generator.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back