Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitekrawler

Hi Folks,

I am a non-tech newbie looking to design a game that will sense where a ball has stuck a 6' by 6' area grid and will return the coordinates of the point of impact to a microprocessor so that it can be feed into a computer application that interpret the accuracy of the impacted point to a predetermined targeted point. In other words the grid could be a metal cage that covers a an lcd panel which has an X appear randomly in that grid. The player would try to hit the X and the grid would interpret the accuracy of the impact as well as the elapsed time between the presentation of the X and the impact.

Can you please head me down the path to building such a contraption.

TIA

Nitekrawler

Why not just use a touch-sensitive LCD panel?

hi,
Is that a 6 feet by 6 feet grid.?? its going to be a big LCD screen.!

What resolution do you require, ref the X,Y coordinates.?

It it's 6' x 6' and not 6" x 6" then I would suggest using a projector to display the grid and a camera connected to a computer to detect where the ball hits the grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back