Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie LED light - brakelight setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred73

Hi all,

Im quite newbie in electronic , i'm planning to make a 10 segments white led driver for my bikes taillights. Could you please help me for this circuit. Can i use the 555 timer and what resistor should i use? The input voltage will be 12v dc.

Thanks

Frederic

Hi Fred,
Please state exactly what you want the LEDs to do and for how long for each session.

Why use a 555 timer? To flash the LEDs? To time them out? If it is for a brake light then it sounds dangerous!
Besides, white is usually used at the front of vehicles, not at the tail.

What kind of battery and size? Lead-acid? AA Alkaline cells? Rechargeable Ni-Cad or Ni-MH?

How much dimming can you tolerate when the battery runs down?

My Ultra-Bright Chaser project would look cool on a bike and runs for weeks with just 4 AA alkaline battery cells:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/games/004/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back