Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie Broke Antenna Wifi Module, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuggaLotus

Hello, let me start off by saying that i am Completely green when it comes to chips and hardware and PCB's ect, but im slowly learning. That being said, i have a little delima and im seeking advice. I have a Zosi wireless security camera NVR whos u.fl connectors for the antenna broke off, i attempted to solder the connectors back on but apparently i didnt do it rite. I then reached out and got help from a friend who claimed he could fix it, he attempted to solder the wires directly to the board with the 1 wire that was coated, soldiered in the middle with the coating soldiered on both sides. Well,, not only did that not work but in doing so, the board got a little burnt to the point (i believe) it needs replacing.. now what i would like advice on is
●is there possibly a board that meets all the requirements and is stronger than the one being replaced? (Easily stream cameras further away where the old board couldnt)
●how would i go about setting it up for the NVR to use in place of old board? Or could it be simple plug and play type?
Anything else that a newbie like me should know before i start this project
The Zosi NVR model i have is: ZR08DP https://supports.zositech.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034156852-Quick-Operation-Guide-ZR08DP
The antenna board and all of its specs that need replacing is: https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2AR82-SKIW7603101
All advice and help given to help me get my NVR up and running myself will be much appreciated!

I don't think you will find a replacement board, unless the Zosi vendor sells you one. It may be easier to just buy a new camera to replace the broken one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back