New to the Forum and to PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

psapg

Hi guys!!!!

Although I have some experience with electronic and it's basic theories, I've never worked with PIC's before...
Now I'm willing to try and chose a "Garage opener" alike project....
My goal is to, by pressing a single press-button, a dc motor(6v or 12V) woul carrya a small load (about 50g) from A to B and Stop, and reverse in the next key press....
Since I do some programing in a Basic alike programing enviroment for the Windows Mobile Platform, I was planig in using PIC-Basic for the code....

What PIC shoul I use? (is 16c54 suited ?)
Any related circuits I should peek?
Should I use a H-Bridge for the motor?
End-of-travel switch: micro-switch or opto-barrier?

Thanks for all your incoming imput...

Paulo Gomes

The PIC16C54 is an OTP device. This means that it can't be re-programmed/updated after its first programming. Choose a flash-based PIC!

Thanks, Eng1

Any suggestions? I believe I only need 5 I/O pins, 1 for the press button, one for each sposition sensor and two for the H-Bridge...

psapg said:
Thanks, Eng1

Any suggestions? I believe I only need 5 I/O pins, 1 for the press button, one for each sposition sensor and two for the H-Bridge...

best is to go for a popularly used device as they wold be cheaper. use as many pins as you need. always go for flash series as suggested ny Eng1. one such is 16F628-4 and try practicing the specifics of this chip as it has adc input pins etc.

we could have suggested 16f84-4 but these might go off the shelves

NO, I wasn't planig on using Leds other that the opto-couplers, if I decide to go with them..

Any caution/example on using these as input to the PIC?

psapg said:
NO, I wasn't planig on using Leds other that the opto-couplers, if I decide to go with them..

Any caution/example on using these as input to the PIC?

You could try checking my tutorials for some interfacing examples - but opto-couplers are VERY, VERY simpel to connect to a PIC (or any other logic device).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…