Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to the Forum and to PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

psapg

Hi guys!!!!

Although I have some experience with electronic and it's basic theories, I've never worked with PIC's before...
Now I'm willing to try and chose a "Garage opener" alike project....
My goal is to, by pressing a single press-button, a dc motor(6v or 12V) woul carrya a small load (about 50g) from A to B and Stop, and reverse in the next key press....
Since I do some programing in a Basic alike programing enviroment for the Windows Mobile Platform, I was planig in using PIC-Basic for the code....

What PIC shoul I use? (is 16c54 suited ?)
Any related circuits I should peek?
Should I use a H-Bridge for the motor?
End-of-travel switch: micro-switch or opto-barrier?

Thanks for all your incoming imput...

Paulo Gomes

The PIC16C54 is an OTP device. This means that it can't be re-programmed/updated after its first programming. Choose a flash-based PIC!

Thanks, Eng1

Any suggestions? I believe I only need 5 I/O pins, 1 for the press button, one for each sposition sensor and two for the H-Bridge...

psapg said:
Thanks, Eng1

Any suggestions? I believe I only need 5 I/O pins, 1 for the press button, one for each sposition sensor and two for the H-Bridge...

best is to go for a popularly used device as they wold be cheaper. use as many pins as you need. always go for flash series as suggested ny Eng1. one such is 16F628-4 and try practicing the specifics of this chip as it has adc input pins etc.

we could have suggested 16f84-4 but these might go off the shelves

NO, I wasn't planig on using Leds other that the opto-couplers, if I decide to go with them..

Any caution/example on using these as input to the PIC?

psapg said:
NO, I wasn't planig on using Leds other that the opto-couplers, if I decide to go with them..

Any caution/example on using these as input to the PIC?

You could try checking my tutorials for some interfacing examples - but opto-couplers are VERY, VERY simpel to connect to a PIC (or any other logic device).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back