Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
Hardly anybody is entering the competition. A couple of robots.

Contest has not even been released yet. It is nearly the opposite spectrum of robots.

I think there should be a separate forum for little kids. Then they can swear at each other and act stupid.

Hope to see you on it soon also :)

You so silly audiogrump

Ok audioguru let me ask you this:

As a child (around 14) what were your hobbies? Did you have many friends? Did you party a lot (around 18)? Were you a "popular kid"? By your distaste in kids I would say that as a child you were mistreated, thus hating kids. You need to get over past problems quickly.

I had a wonderful time as a kid. I made and flew many model airplanes with all my friends.
But I didn't swear and act stupid all the time.

When I was 18 then some of my friends partied a lot and acted stupid but not me.

I partied a lot and acted stupid when I was 60. Hee, hee.
Now I have grown up again and I don't swear and don't act stupid anymore.

Here audioguru, put all your happy comments in here:
**broken link removed**

"We will take it into conisderation"

SUGGESTION:
Set up a forum for little kids to swear at each other and act stupid.

But I think there are thousands of forums already like that.

So your thinking ought to be, "Perhaps I ought to stop trying to bait a kid who's trying to make something more of himself, despite the fact that it might be contrary to the status quo." What do you want to do? Lower yourself and this forum by provoking negative behaviour, just to prove a theory that people might be what you make of them? Instead, why not build yourself up, build the forum up, and model positive and professional behaviour? I thnk you'll be pleasantly surprised how often people will rise to positive expectations, just be patient.

You've lived your life. Give Krumlink a chance to live his.

audioguru said:
SUGGESTION:
Set up a forum for little kids to swear at each other and act stupid.

I think this explains the problem:

Adultism is a predisposition towards adults, which is seen as biased against children, youth, and all young people who aren't addressed or viewed as adults.

Adultcentricism is the "exaggerated egocentrism of adults.

Ageism is said to lead towards the development of fears towards age groups, particularly:

Ephebiphobia, the fear of youth.

https://www.freechild.org/SNAYR/Ephebiphobia.htm

Pommie said:
It does seem strange that someone that has been regularly banned becomes a moderator. I wonder if Krumlink will be able to ban Nigel for 24 hours. That would be funny.:D

JimB, did you answer the question that was asked?

Mike.

I got bad rep for this post, even with a smillie. Oh well.

Mike.

Pommie said:
I got bad rep for this post, even with a smillie. Oh well.

Mike.

hi Mike,
I think the RED boxes should be only be allowed to be given by the full time moderators, not the general membership.

This would stop the 'tit for tat' virus that seems to have infected the forum over past few days.

Perhaps the Administrator might consider this suggestion.?

ericgibbs said:
This would stop the 'tit for tat' virus that seems to have infected the forum over past few days

A 'tit for tat' virus I never would have thought of it. Good job.

(TIT FOR TAT.exe) :D I'm thinking this should be a real virus when ever it's starts suddenly your keyboard becomes inoperable ?

Edit: Oh ya and I Four-ice... it. "he he"

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi Mike,
I think the RED boxes should be only be allowed to be given by the full time moderators, not the general membership.

This would stop the 'tit for tat' virus that seems to have infected the forum over past few days.

Perhaps the Administrator might consider this suggestion.?

Moderators have other ways how to warn you something is wrong about your posts, like a temp ban for example. As discussed in other thread, don't take the rep. squares too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back