Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommie said:
JimB, did you answer the question that was asked?

Mike.

Pommie, yes, I think that Krumlink is too immature.
I also think that he has just proved that fact.

JimB

JimB said:
Pommie, yes, I think that Krumlink is too immature.
I also think that he has just proved that fact.

I beg to differ you also have someone willing to help with the competition not many are. Therefore I question the ethics of your statement. Is your desire simply to null the competition by Targeting those who might lend to it's success ?

killivolt said:
I beg to differ
OK

killivolt said:
you also have someone willing to help with the competition
True.

killivolt said:
not many are.
I am not sure that is completely true.

killivolt said:
Therefore I question the ethics of your statement.
How am I being unethical, I am just stating my honest opinions.

killivolt said:
Is your desire simply to null the competition by Targeting those who might lend to it's success ?
No, why would I want to "null the competition"?
When I first read the post proposing a competition, I thought it was a really bad idea that would not work.
However, others believe that it can be made to work. I wish them all the success, who knows, I may take part myself depending on the form of the competition.

I also stand by what I said earlier in this thread, that Krumlink lacks maturity.
He has been banned numerous times for using intemperate language.
When any critical or constructive comments are made towards him, he throws a temper tantrum.
Is this the sort of person you want administering the competition?

JimB

Reactions: vdd
Krumlink

Krumlink is doing his part regarding the competition. The fact that he was considered and then selected speaks volumes. It is and will be a great learning experience for him (and me).

Can we let it go at that?

I don't know how anyone is able to gain experience without being given a chance. We all need to allow him the chance of working in the right group. I think he will do very well. 3v0 is also there and he has all the other moderators to learn from I believe he will be very profitable.

(I believe in the Powers that be.)

( let the games begin !)

(I'm glad to know that you have no ill feelings - 'Thank You' for clearing that up for me.) :D

Edit: Besides this way you guy's don't have to compete against him either.

Well it seems like im trying to do something good for the forum and I get criticized for it. Nobody else really offered to help so back off?

Krumlink said:
Well it seems like im trying to do something good for the forum and I get criticized for it. Nobody else really offered to help so back off?

To bad you can't take part in this Comp. You would be format able opponent.

"Oh Krumisaun"

"kowtow"

Last edited:
Krumlink said:
Also though I am working FOR THE FORUM on a competiton spending a few hours A DAY on something that I DO FOR FUN. I am doing this FOR THE FORUM and you are disrespecting me? Whats up with that? Hero999 and JimB were originally drafted as an judge for being active and respectful members but (with the current system) your disrespect is not acceptable. As stated, MODERATORS cannot delete, ban etc but SUPER MODERATORS can. Watch what you do carefully please ok?
Duh, I realised that, perhaps you should read my post a bit more carefully before leaping on the defensive.

I posit that the very nature of doing something good necessitates its openess to criticism. We also all live in the present, and improvement is only possible by subjecting our continuous performance to criticism. A big part of life is adapting our individual selves to humans' social nature and a world of poly-personalities and heterogeneous ideologies.

It's important that everyone at some point (or even better, at many points) in his or her life attempts to move away from situations where they find themselves craving, and requiring, uniquivocal acceptance of their actions and ideas. I'm not saying this to be condescending or patronizing: opportunities for maturity in this form exist throughout our lives - the people who are receptive to that notion, recognize it to the greater extent, and on more occasions than others, are consequently more likely to "succeed.'

Once you stop viewing criticism as personally offensive, and instead as a form of help, you'll find there is no end of people offering to help you.

My only objection to Krumlink being a moderator is whether due care for his own interests have been taken into consideration in a holistic sense. For the most part involvement or moderation in this forum doesn't do much to help any of us get better grades, do better at our jobs, or socialize with the real people in our immediate lives. Those are all important things to each of us, and should be balanced against our activity here, which for the most part is leisurely and entertainment-oriented. True, there are nuggets of wisdom on occasion, and it might improve your writing, or you might even get a chance to network with a handful of people, but obsessing about:
- what people you've never met think about you, or;
- finding a solution to an electronics issue;
at the expense of your personal health is a big, big mistake.

I think we should all ask ourselves, "Do I..."
- eat proper meals daily?
- get to sleep early enough on a regular basis?
- interact in a friendly manner with the real people in my immediate life?
- know how to deal with stress, and what to do or who to talk to when I don't?

And say to ourselves, "Maybe I should stop..."
- drinking caffeinated beverages, etc?
- cutting class or work to pursue my hobbies?
- presuming I'm unable to interact with people because there's some fault with them?
- missing out on life because I'm sat in front of a computer for more than a couple hours daily?

Hmn ? So, in other words it's good to have a little friction in your life and like a new shoe rubbing against the heel forms a blister afterword

a callous = benefit.

I don't come to this site to hear little kid moderators swear.
The little kid should be banned each time the little kid swears.

#$@^%&^&*)(! and further more &&^%$##@(*&

Now that I have had my "moment" can we get past this ?

audioguru said:
I don't come to this site to hear little kid moderators swear.
The little kid should be banned each time the little kid swears.

He is still a kid, so I want to give him a chance. But if he won't put his act together(correct his behavior), something has to be done. Competition or not.

aah........... fava beans & Chianti

Well the competiton will be very analog based, so if audioguru wants to prove that he's not scared of a bit of competiton in his own field, submit to the competiton! Great prizes will be awarded so I would join if I were you. Robot's have nothing to do with it.
When I first noticed that Krumlink had been promoted to moderator, I thought that the webmaster had been smoking some weird sh1t but now I realise it's only for the competition forum so it's not that bad.

Ah, where did I target you again? Fixed mix up of posts sorry bout that.

You don't seem to get that I DO NOT MODERATE ANYTHING, I only have access to:

More messages sent
Moderator Chat Forum
Competiton Forum Manager

Do you see know how I fit the bill? If you look before you leap it helps.

EDIT: Condensed all threads together

Last edited:
Pins and needles pins and needles i forget that :(

Last edited:
Krumlink let me give you an advice... :)

concentrate to your job and do your best.. can you do that? stop paying attention and answering to our comments other than the ones specific to the competition...

unless you want everything to be blown. ;) :eek:

Hardly anybody is entering the competition. A couple of robots.

I think there should be a separate forum for little kids. Then they can swear at each other and act stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back