Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New guy here saying hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurzer

Hi everyone!

I just found this site from a Google link, so far it's looking like somewhere I need to be. I play with circuits to keep me busy but have yet to really make anything work well. I have a few kits under my belt but still can't solder SM components.

The thing that really got me into this stuff is radio, however, I'm starting to think that radio and me don't get along. I've made a few different versions of simple crystal sets and a more advanced TDA7000 set but none have worked yet... even the Velleman kit I ordered didn't work after it was finished.

It's probably user error :D

So that's it really. If I don't respond right away I'm probably off reading and catching up on the forum. One of the main things I'm looking for is how I can make my own boards since the strip boards annoy me to no end.
I'm looking forward to understanding how a stupid transistor works, they are another part that doesn't get along with me. Finally, I'm looking forward to the day I will have built my own CNC machine to do things like grind boards and fab parts for my mechanical tinkerings.

So far so good, this looks like the place I should be. So to everyone... Hello! :D

i need a source code for pick and place robot...
if anybody know mean just send else send a link....
swetharao21,

Please do not place unrelated posts (called hijacking) in other peoples threads. You will have better results if you start you own thread with an appropriate title related to your specific need...like...."need source code for pic and place robot".

Ken

Quite the start! :D

I tried "The simplest flashing LED circuit known to man" last night... it didn't flash LOL

I think I may be cursed.

Kurzer,

Please post a link to "The simplest flashing LED circuit known to man".

Ken

Hi Kurzer,

also a Welcome from me to the forum.

I don't know what you did not making a Velleman kit work.

Are you using a plumber's soldering iron? (guarantees connections where they are unwanted :) - some people tend to call them shorts.)

The very basic and necessary tools to make electronics works are:

- a soldering iron with exchangeable tips, possibly temperature controlled
- a set of different tweezers
- thin soldering tin (0.3 to 0.5mm dia with flux core)
- a magnifying glass (3 to 4 times magnifying)
- a pair of long nose plyers
- a sledge hammer, if the circuit won't work under any circumstances :D

Regards

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back