Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Forum Struction: have your say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a brilliant idea coz people like us from the third world aer limited very many things especially when it comes to technology so ELECTRO-MASTER i will really benefit and i will also be in a position to help our people

Electromaster is probably thinking, did I write the first post? What was I thinking. Kidding..

On the Microcontroller part. Breaking by parts (PIC AVR) is probably good. But then you have to have Microprocessors. And then you have ASM, C, BASIC, etc.

Right now the forum is pretty tight. I go in, click three (I skip robotics most of the time), I read the page, click on interesting or items with (low and high) replies. Not sure how much I would be able to read if there was too much detail.

Nigel Goodwin said:
If I was ElectroMaster, I'd be seriously regretting ever starting this thread! :D
He IS the one who sent an email to everyone asking for participation in this thread.

i dont think its a good idea to increase the number of subjects. its gets difficult to browse through all of them

ASIC and FPGA

Target electronic novices with a forum for beginning electronics. Of course carefully pick the moderators because as it always occurs, people with greater ego than knowledge like to diminish others in reply posts to show off or make others feel small. I have seen that behavior on this site and its counter productive.

Microcontroller forums - why set the bar low? Bring advanced users into ASIC and FPGA projects!

Electro asked for it and we have not heard back. Can anyone go check on him?

He is either designing the forum from "you know where" or in a corner, head down, palms on head, shaking head left and right... :)

GoKid. If there was a Novice section, I am sure people would be kind in there. I would pop in and help like all the others here would.

FPGA/ASIC and you are worried about looking like a novice? Though I like the microcontrollers.

Last edited:
I don’t regret posting, and I am listening and watching everyday. This thread has proved very valuable and I believe great suggestions and feedback have come from it.

Okay so here is an update from my standpoint. There does seem to be one agreement, a beginner’s forum would be good. I also agree this and it will be added. The only problem is I am undecided on how to structure it. It is very important that this change does not increase the workload of our mods. They already do enough! So the beginner’s forum will come but I cannot tell you how or when.

It also seems the alternative energy forum is popular and it will be tried out. I have already been talking to someone about moderating for this specific forum. So this should be released soon.

The other suggestions are in my mind swirling around :)

I like the alternative energy forum, and think that it should stretch to topics that do not include electronics at present. Pigpower comes to mind as a forinstance, and the running of engines on anything that'll burn. The microcontrollers will follow very quickly!

I do think you have a good idea, their are a lot of people that chance across the forum and look for the answers from anyone. creating subs to specific areas can only help people beginers and aged alike.

Re: New Catagories

Dear Sir: I don't come here often enough to comment on your improvements, most of the ideas look pretty good to me! However, I would like to make a couple of suggestions. (These are ONLY suggestions!) First, I think we need a "Beginners" category but 'beginner' sounds too juvenile to me. Why not "Basic Elctronics" instead. Second, I think there should be a category of sources both online and off. Third, I would like to see a category of test circuits from a simple continuity checker to a complex wave analyzer!! Also, for those that want to teach electronics to children I would like to see a series of experimental circuits. Well, I have overstayed my welcome. I will try to keep it down for a while! Best wishes, ......... John

gian_nsm

dear:
it is a very good idea to modify the site.especially for beginners.and what i ask also if you can cover digital communication topic which is quite interesting and rich.
finally, why cant we discus a phisical idea.and translated to an electronic circuit which is required for any application i.e it was requested from me to design a cercuit to kike out mice from a wharhouse .
how can we design and determine the components of this circuit.
it was an example only.

cheers

I think a begginers section would be great and then all beginners could be lead by the hand from beginner to expert. The other section ideas also sound cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back