Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Forum Struction: have your say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive it would be great if we separate between the
Atmel micro controllers and
Microchip microcontrollers

also if it is possible in the same category, to separate between the Assymply languge users and the Higher language users such as BASIC, Pascal, C .... etc

Ditto on the digital and analog for sure.

And maybe programming, ASM, C, BASIC (but microcontrollers cover that) and you will get others that will want a group. Like microcontrollers PIC, ATMEL. Same problem

I think this forum is great (best I have found), I know there are times, I wish I could have left an analog question, but left it in microcontrollers, since I was reading it with a microcontoller, and a lot of the analog guys do not use microcontrollers and to not read that section.

I am a newbie to electronics and forums. When I first found this forum, it was a confusing place, so I think your rearranging is a very good idea. I was posting a question and wasn't sure where it should go, but having a newbie place that would be ecliptic in nature would be good

people are going overboard now with all these categoties, perhaps some sub categories but as pointed out too many are not a good idea, a good balance between diversity of topics must be found. a good example is that now the first two forums are more or less the same thing the difference is so subtle that they are not used properly and used eratically. they should merge into one but other categories could be made. for example be it main or subcategories analogic stuff can be divided into two main brances: control and amplifiers, perhaps a section for power supplies as well so perhaps general analogic-amplifiers-PSU a digital forum can be made but we still need one dedicated to microcontrollers that could perhaps be split by makes ie: pics-motorola etc

it is very good idea

first i would like to thank u for ur interest to notify all members of all good new forums u wish to add, i suggest to add a separate one for Laser Technology. i think it will have a great chance.

My thought is electro-tech-online.com is like 99.9% perfect for me. Maybe a small tweak (you guys have a great forum, look at the others).. More detail might be good in some part, but also many might skip areas they can help in if there are too many to check..

Maybe:
Code:
NEW  new to electronics, have a question (ask anything)
KEEP electronics general 
KEEP electronic project ideas
NEW analog questions 
NEW digital questions
KEEP Robotics
KEEP microcontrollers (and microprocessors)
KEEP complete projects (same as before but code and circuit drawing)
KEEP datasheets
NEW  Alternate energy (I did like this one, something new)
KEEP the rest

The first group will get the students and the 555 questions and everyone will pop in there and help.

I think sub-categories will be a mess. Imagine just micros
Code:
   PIC
   ATMEL
   MOTO
   ARM
   INTEL
   ZILOG
   (sure I left someone out, now you have)
   STAMP
   PICAXE
   RABBIT
   (not going to google, but many others)

Anyway, just there is a lot to think about. How long before PIC is broke up into 12F, 14F, 16F and 18F. Atmel has the S90, tiny and mega.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
What about a For Sale thread? You know, for members to sell their excess stock for a couple bucks (or anything else for that matter)

BioMedical

Categorizing n Classifying is indeed a welcome idea.. I would just like to suggest a BioMedical Engg forum.. Something that deals with EMG, ECG, EEG signal processing, sensors for BioMedical Instrumentation etc.. Do think about it..
Thanks.
Elexhobby

a seperate section for Owners manuals or Service manuals would be nice. A High voltage section and an Electronics chat section.

RF Forum

Hi great idea i work with RF in the Semiconductor industry which is quite large the RF we use is to Create a Plasma and this is a totally different area than Ham Radio so yes let's have a RF Forum other than for Ham Radio
Ian

Hi Electro,
I appreciate ur work

Those are great ideas; the beginner's section is essential for basic questions. Would there be a General Electronics section; also adding a section related to electronics technical repairs would be of good idea.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back