Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New driver circuit for 1W LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
5x-13x more powerful, and not much more expensive. They're very very flat. The thermal backing is HUGE and thus very low thermal impedance from junction to sink, and it's insulated so it's much easier to handle. But, since they're hardly a point source, it is very difficult to really focus them into a beam with reasonably sized optics.
**broken link removed**

The efficiency is probably a bit better than Luxeons but not worlds different. So if you put in 5x the power you should still estimate 5x the output. Since LED junctions operate more efficiently at cooler temps, the better thermal design of the Lamina will generally be better for this reason alone, maybe in the +10% to +20% range but who knows.

Very cool! I guess they'd be great for area lighting then eh? Maybe I'll get some to light my room. Been thinkin about doin that with LEDs :lol:

Come to think of it, I think I remember seeing those in a mouser catalog. I'll have to get one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back