Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Atmel user

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

I'm going to try to use an atmel ATTINY24 for a small circuit to make an automatic transmission for a '90 Grand Am into something like a manumatic. I've looked at the circuit diagram for the 1990 Grand Am with a 2.3L engine and there are like 4 wires going to the transmission from the PCM. I am going to ask more about the transmission on the Grand Am Forum, so I can get more information than is in the Chilton's and Haynes repair manuals. I've downloaded the datasheet for the chip and downloaded the version of Flowcode for AVR chips. My question is how would one go about setting the configuration bits on the ATTINY24? The PIC configuration is pretty user friendly but there isn't as much friendliness to the Flowcode Configuration for the Atmel chips.

What do You mean with "Configuration Bits" ?
ATMEL Controller has Fuses. They will be setted in most case by the Chip Programming Tool.
What settings are nessessary, you can find into the Controllers Datasheet.
They are depending of your used Hardware and the wished Features ( Brown Out detection, Watchdog Timer, Clock Source )
To find the wanted settings easy, by using a Fuse Calculator: https://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/
Or you'll use the AVR Studio 4 as Programming Tool, when you have a compatible Programming Hardware for that.

There are only a few Setting possibility's for the Source Code e.g. OSC-Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back