Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative Capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlainB

Hi,

I just noticed that these 2 capacitors are marked as Negative capacitors. First time that I am aware that there is such a distinction betwen capacitors.

What is so special about them? And can they be used as normal capacitor?

I have no special use for them. Maybe for power supply if they can be used that way.

Alain

negative-capacitors-jpg.30682

Attachments

• Negative Capacitors.jpg
    Negative Capacitors.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,042
Last edited:
The 'negative' is stating that the adjacent pin is the negative connection...

Is one of the leads black? Looks like it could be saying "negative black".

It's trying to denote which lead is the negative one, but it's hard to tell which one by the picture.

Hi,

I just noticed that these 2 capacitors are marked as Negative capacitors. First time that I am aware that there is such a distinction betwen capacitors.

What is so special about them? And can they be used as normal capacitor?

As others have said, they are just normal capacitors - the 'negative' label is just showing which pin is negative.

There is a big golden stripe on the right side of the capacitor indicating the negative side. It is very obvious. And now that you mention it, this "Negative" + big space + "Black" indicate that the negative pin is black witch it is (on the right side of course).

But there is really something there to be confused at first.

Alain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back