Need to Program r0b0t Brainz right aw4y

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojohtf

Hello, I feel the need to start messing with some robot brain.

I am curious to know the a) microcontroller, b) software, and c) R-232 methods (bluetooth, RF, or wired) that you guys find most successful in your robotics projects?

It would help a lot if we knew what you already know how to do.

Can you program and in what language(s) ?

Have you ever programmed a microcontroller ?

What is your electronics expertise ?

Always with the specifics; I guess it can't be avoided.

Prog. Languages: Any language is okay, not that I know them all, but I have so much time
My electronics-expertise currently is limited to analog-signal manipulation from transducers using standard op-amps, transistors, and passive elements.

Goal/pregunta: To connect my computer to a bad-ass IC and program it so that it will respond in specific way for each specific on/off pattern at the input pins.

And also thanks for that last post's link!!! That will probably help for sure!

Last edited:
You need to walk before you can run.

If you do not know how to program that is where you need to start. I suggest a language you can use on a uC like basic or C.

You win , here are the specific languages: Matlab, Basic, and C++

More info: I've got:
-adjustable dc power supplies
-frequency test sources
-oscilloscope
-multimeter
-breadboards
-the ability and experience to amplify and actuate the digital signals produced from the PIC.

I want you to know that you've been amazingly helpful (the Basic suggestion plus the links underneath your messages) and I feel like you're the one to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…