Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to Program r0b0t Brainz right aw4y

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojohtf

Hello, I feel the need to start messing with some robot brain.

I am curious to know the a) microcontroller, b) software, and c) R-232 methods (bluetooth, RF, or wired) that you guys find most successful in your robotics projects?

Always with the specifics; I guess it can't be avoided.

Prog. Languages: Any language is okay, not that I know them all, but I have so much time
My electronics-expertise currently is limited to analog-signal manipulation from transducers using standard op-amps, transistors, and passive elements.

Goal/pregunta: To connect my computer to a bad-ass IC and program it so that it will respond in specific way for each specific on/off pattern at the input pins.

And also thanks for that last post's link!!! That will probably help for sure!

Last edited:
You win :), here are the specific languages: Matlab, Basic, and C++

More info: I've got:
-adjustable dc power supplies
-frequency test sources
-oscilloscope
-multimeter
-breadboards
-the ability and experience to amplify and actuate the digital signals produced from the PIC.

I want you to know that you've been amazingly helpful (the Basic suggestion plus the links underneath your messages) and I feel like you're the one to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back