Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need To I dentify damage Parts.TV Brand=SONY model=UNREADABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker16

As Title say, I need to Identify this damage part (screenshot) . Which near at the power flag, audio video at the back and beside FUSE. Symbol on board said its a DIODE, but that diode it self don't have any number on it and its almost divided in to TWO. at the back of the board its written as "VDR601" ( kindly look at the screenshot. ) .

NOTE:
Its still working but in VERY RARE cases, It won't open even you push the power button multiple times. I just worried that it will burn other parts if I don't replace it. Electronics shop don't know what is it because it don't have number in it. So I search google to find some Electronics Forum and I got here.

Thanks and sorry for my bad grammar.
Thanks again

Front Sreenshot
**broken link removed**
Back Screenshot
**broken link removed**

Its strapped across the incoming mains supply judging by the print side foto...Probably there for spike protection?

Last edited:
Its strapped across the incoming mains supply judging by the print side foto...Probably there for spike protection?

Maybe your right since. This tv is use for arcade gaming and it have a master switch button which when you turn off ps2 and all other electronic will also be off, They don't power off the tv on its power button. Thanks.

But can you tell me what diode is it? its a black flat parts. ^_^ forgot what it is called thanks.

Its not a diode...

A surge protection device.....called a varistor

Last edited:
Its not a diode...

A surge protection device.....called a varistor

If it is a varistor my TV wont turn on right? its running right now.

It just wont turn on earlier but its turning on now.

thanks again mate

UPDATE:
OK it looks varistor but How can I know on what model is that, I mean part number thanks

Last edited:
Varistors are categorised by the voltage duty....Without knowing where you are I cant tell what your local supply voltage is...As an example, if the supply is 120vac then a varistor with a min/max value of 108/132 v would suffice...

The fact that the tv is till working suggests that the varistor is not the issue with startup....You need to look at the chopper power supply start circuitry..Without a model number suggestions are difficult

@ Chippie
Ok thank you very much, it came from japan and its a 110v so varistor with min/max value of 108/132v is fine?
thank you so much sir.

@Nigel Goodwin

ok will do thanks for the advice sir.

thanks

Hello we just buy a new varistor with this part number.
Code:
ZNR
V10271U
We said it will use for 110v, is this ok? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back