Need to hire someone to assemble/program a PIC project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesmartin

Hello - I admit, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this sort of question, but I thought I'd try anyway. So here goes...

Not having any experience with PIC/microcontroller projects myself (and not having any spare time), I would like to hire someone to assemble the parts for (and write/program the PIC code for) an LED digital calendar-clock project I am hoping to construct. The device is going to use a premade 15-digit array of common cathode 7-segment displays multiplexed together to display the year, month, day-of-month, hour, minute, second, and tenths-of-seconds as per the example using today's date below:

2010.03.11.17.55.34.5 (March 11th, 5:55:34.5pm)

The finished design should include some method of changing the values of each of these, preferably with a few pushbuttons; ie Select, Up, Down, Exit .

Please note that I have committed to using the above mentioned display since it belonged to a piece of equipment that I've operated for numerous years at my employment, but was since decommissioned. I've retained the display as a memento, and am hoping to give it a 'new purpose in life' so-to-speak...! It is preconfigured for conventional multiplexing, using Common Cathode displays. It is not charlieplexed.

If anyone is interested and wants to make a couple hundred bucks, please feel free to contact me via this thread. Serious people only, please. Thanks, -Wes Martin.
---
I just want to clarify that I only require the code to be written, and a selection of parts to be identified and supplied that will do the job. I do not require any PCB's to be produced, or any spectacular prototype to be constructed. I only really require just a working set of parts that can be assembled into my own project here after it has been proven to function correctly on the breadboard. I will look after PCB fabrication, project enclosures, and final assembly, etc.

Reading through forums on this topic has made me aware that the value of such services can vary over a wide spectrum. I can't even guess what the cost of this might end up being, but I am open to consider any offers that come my way. I really just want to make this display function as described. Thanks, -Wes.

Last edited:
Wes,
Edit your post and remove your email address. Spybots will find it and SPAM you. People can PM (Forum private mail) you.
Ken

Hi,

I am all for people building their own stuff, but i got one from Radio Shack for about 8 or 9 dollars a year ago. It's also an alarm clock.
It's LCD though, not LED.
I like LEDs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…