Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to hire someone to assemble/program a PIC project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesmartin

Hello - I admit, I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this sort of question, but I thought I'd try anyway. So here goes...

Not having any experience with PIC/microcontroller projects myself (and not having any spare time), I would like to hire someone to assemble the parts for (and write/program the PIC code for) an LED digital calendar-clock project I am hoping to construct. The device is going to use a premade 15-digit array of common cathode 7-segment displays multiplexed together to display the year, month, day-of-month, hour, minute, second, and tenths-of-seconds as per the example using today's date below:

2010.03.11.17.55.34.5 (March 11th, 5:55:34.5pm)

The finished design should include some method of changing the values of each of these, preferably with a few pushbuttons; ie Select, Up, Down, Exit .

Please note that I have committed to using the above mentioned display since it belonged to a piece of equipment that I've operated for numerous years at my employment, but was since decommissioned. I've retained the display as a memento, and am hoping to give it a 'new purpose in life' so-to-speak...! It is preconfigured for conventional multiplexing, using Common Cathode displays. It is not charlieplexed.

If anyone is interested and wants to make a couple hundred bucks, please feel free to contact me via this thread. Serious people only, please. Thanks, -Wes Martin.
---
I just want to clarify that I only require the code to be written, and a selection of parts to be identified and supplied that will do the job. I do not require any PCB's to be produced, or any spectacular prototype to be constructed. I only really require just a working set of parts that can be assembled into my own project here after it has been proven to function correctly on the breadboard. I will look after PCB fabrication, project enclosures, and final assembly, etc.

Reading through forums on this topic has made me aware that the value of such services can vary over a wide spectrum. I can't even guess what the cost of this might end up being, but I am open to consider any offers that come my way. I really just want to make this display function as described. Thanks, -Wes.

Last edited:
Wes,
Edit your post and remove your email address. Spybots will find it and SPAM you. People can PM (Forum private mail) you.
Ken

Hi,

I am all for people building their own stuff, but i got one from Radio Shack for about 8 or 9 dollars a year ago. It's also an alarm clock.
It's LCD though, not LED.
I like LEDs too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back