Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to find a PMSM/DC motor that comes with a controller asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucid01

Hi, I'm based in the UK and am looking for a PMSM motor that comes with a controller ideally or that you can recommend a good controller for as soon as possible for a project I'm working on. As a backup I also would be open to looking at some basic DC motors as a substitute which would also be fine for what I'm looking for. Alibaba/any other chinese marketplaces is not an option as I need something available in the UK that can be shipped to me within days.
dcmotorpic.png
I want to write the code for the speed variation etc. for the motor using C code and an Arduino. Ideally, I'm looking for something in the price range of 50-70 pounds. The motor does not have to be particularly powerful at all, just a small and affordable motor- I am mainly looking to test the Arduino code implementation. For reference this is a motor I was looking at the issue with this one is that it from the datasheet it looks like it comes with the code pre-built in while I want to design the code myself. https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/produc...mylNahrgWW9e0vVbGK9xbO53QUYrPhtxoCIkAQAvD_BwE

That looks like just a DC motor and incremental encoder, what makes you think there is code includes?
Just use the Motor supply and the 5vdc for the encoder. And IOW, write your own code.

Can you clarify the requirements somewhat?
A motor and drive combination would generally just need an analog speed command.

Also, if you are not directly driving the motor, a BLDC type with encoder would be cheaper and easier to source?
Drives to suit those are very cheap and readily available.

eg.

Info on that driver module here:

ps. The DF Robot one you link to is a basic brushed DC motor and the example code is to read the motor encoder for speed. It needs a separate power controller / H bridge such as this, which you could control with PWM from an MCU of some sort:

Can you clarify the requirements somewhat?
A motor and drive combination would generally just need an analog speed command.
The large majority of the DIY CNC group uses step/dir for motor amp input command.
Even for DC/BLDC/AC servos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back