Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to figure what opens these

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

**broken link removed**

I odored two XCC3000 wi-fi modules they sent the chips the file used the .pcb extension but I can't find a matching software.

I believe they are file extensions for Gerber and/or board manufacturers. If you have Eagle 6.xx installed (maybe earlier versions will work too), you can double click on the file. Windows will ask whether to go to the the web or select the program. Click select program, and then Eagle. The 5 or 6 I tested were text files, so I assume the rest may be as well.

John

**broken link removed**

I odored two XCC3000 wi-fi modules they sent the chips the file used the .pcb extension but I can't find a matching software.

yes...they are gerber and NC Drill files.

You can view themn wih a free tool named "DFM Now!"

eT

There a PCB layout to but they saved it as .PCB file and all I get is text.

I'm using Sprint layout I wanted to see the pad layout for the chip and the ant.

Done downloaded for PCB software programs an no go

There a PCB layout to but they saved it as .PCB file and all I get is text.

I'm using Sprint layout I wanted to see the pad layout for the chip and the ant.

Done downloaded for PCB software programs an no go
Do you know IF the file was made using SPRINT?

I no what it was made with but they exported it to a .pcb file and my demo copy will not open it OrCad

Are you sure they are not supposed to be text, with the extension properly identifying the format/sequence of that text?

When I opened with Eagle, they looked just like I would expect a drill file or other similar file to look. Sort of like a .ini file.

John

I opened the Sch with OrCad it worked fine. But the pcb file I can't open with any thing I have and Im done downloading I guess I'll make the pad for this thing from the data sheet.

I really want to get theses to work the first time I'm going to reflow them in a oven.

Could also be a PADs PowerPCB file or a CAM350 file. Open a CAD file in notepad and you can usually find reference to the software used.

Top of file includes b _X2_BAK1-25-11_blz.pcb which is a name the PowerPCB Blaze router creates.
Bottom of file includes PowerPCB_CAM350_Lock1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back