Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to create a large electrostatic 24x36 pad to hold vinyl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know of a helpful source for electrostatic generation? I'm making a flatbed vinyl cutter and need to hold it flat while cutting via an electrostatic pad. Some old flatbed pen plotters used the same method but can't find any info on the theory online on how they were constructed and voltages needed etc.

Thanks In Advance...

As many of those I took apart over the years I never gave it much thought. However, would a vacuum scheme work for the table? Think like an air hockey table but with vacuum rather than pressure. That sort of table was also used on very large format plotters.

Ron

electostatic pad

I did want a static pad instead of vacuum due to the noise and bulk of a large vacuum device like a shop vac or vacuum cleaner.

Thay are called static pinners and are used in the paper handling industry.

Start here **broken link removed**

Andy

Thay are called static pinners and are used in the paper handling industry.

Start here **broken link removed**

Andy

Nice job Andy. I had no clue what they were actually called. I also see the point with using vacuum as to noise.

Ron

Glad I could help. I used them all the time I my old job. We had to pin to sheets of paper together one on top of the other moving at 500 ft/min before thay were folded together. Gary You should not need anything to big because your sheet will be stationary. Happy reading Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back