Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to acquire parallel data from pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundbynibs

Hello
i have 16 9v inputs and i need to pass them into a pc somehow. I have been working in for a long time now but to no avail. Thank you

The single IC solution would be a PIC, with a little programming, take the 16 inputs to the PIC, and send them via RS232 to the PC.

You might even consider the UBW, which is a ready made USB PIC system which will do what you want - you can buy them from Sparkfun.

Hello
i have 16 9v inputs and i need to pass them into a pc somehow. I have been working in for a long time now but to no avail. Thank you

An alternative solution, if you dont need to read all 16 pins at the same instant, is to use a HEF4067 16:1 multiplexer.
Use the parallel port pins 2 thru 5 to address the HEF4067 and either pin 10 or 11 to read the input data.

Dont connect a 9V source directly to the HEF4067 data i/o pins, use a resistive divider 9V down to 5v

Attachments

• HEF4067.pdf
    336.4 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back