Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need sugesstions on - REHABILITATON, MOBILITY, TOILET SEATING POSITIONED WHEELCHAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudha ramen

Need suggestions on - REHABILITATON, MOBILITY, TOILET SEATING POSITIONED WHEELCHAIR

Hi all, Iam currently working on this RMT wheelchair project and i need your sugesstions on this. Here i go with a short description:

The RMT chair’s design is simpler. Added to this its features paves a great way for the patients who are cognitively affected.

Features:

Features which have been installed in this RMT chair are:
• Joystick controlled Wheelchair
• Toilet seating positioned
• Leg movement initiator
• Hand movement initiator
• Leg muscle stimulator
• Hand muscle stimulator

Joystick controlled Wheelchair:
This gives mobility to the patient

Toilet seating positioned:
This is gonna make the patient more independent and for this purpose the RMT chair seat is going to be made of double, nested and inverted L-shape where the outer L is a seat base frame that provides a lift and rotation point for the inner L seat frame. The L frames are made of square, aluminium tubing welded. The outer L is bolted to the lift device while the inner L rotates with respect to the seat base frame at the end of the L.

Drive and steering motors, batteries and control electronics along with their aluminum support frame provide counterweight for the patient to rotate beyond the wheelbase. When not rotated, the center of gravity remains near the middle of the RMT Chair. When rotated to π rad (180º) with a 136 kg (300 Lb) patient on board, the center of gravity remains within the wheelbase for safe seat access. Heavier patients would require additional counterweight. However, the RMT Chair has a tricycle design to simplify the need to provide steering and drive linkages and provide for a more vertical and compact drive system design. The drive motor is mounted perpendicular to the floor and above the drive wheel with chain drive to it.

Muscle stimulator: as the patient lacks mobility their muscle is prone to lose its activity, inorder to keep it more intact Iamclubbing the muscle activator with this wheelchair.

I'm going to provide clutches for the legs and hands where the muscle activator electrodes can be placed and can be used when needed.

Leg and Hand movement initiator:

this is where i need help guys.

My idea is that i need the patient who had temporarily lost control on their mobility to carry on some physiotherapy as to exercise their limbs. This provision makes them to lift limbs up and down to the desired height at the desired rate. This could help them to regain their mobility soon.

How can i establish this movement initiator in this wheelchair? Which method could be more suitable?

Thanks in advance,

Sudha Ramen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back